All reviews georgian bay every night across the street variety store place to stay in town short stay excellent accommodations father's day repeat customers owner mark beach store bonfire balm microwave guests arcade
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My wife and I were very impressed with the room and the cleanliness. We had all we needed in the way of self catering, and entertainment.
There are always faults, and I have 2, one was the shower which did not have a removable shower head /flexible pipe, which is very necessary,in view of the confined cubicle space available, my other fault is, that there should be a child proof fence with gate at the front of resort, to prevent young children's safety becoming an issue, bearing in mind the busy road at the front of the property. However, My family, which includes 3 children, age 7,5,and 3, all had a wonderful time, and I would recommend Balm Beach Resort to any visitors to Ontario Canada.
I should also point out the cost was very reasonable, we rented 2 chalets, Nos.8 & 9
No.8 being for 2 people, and No.9 for 2 adults and 3 children, for a 3 day stay.
The beach was very clean, the water in the lake was very safe for the children as it was very shallow, it did not begin to deepen until approx. 75 yards out. The surrounding bars and restaurants, were "ok", and typically Canadian.

Room Tip: All rooms in good positions
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander S
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here May long weekend after searching for a short stay resort near Collingwood. When I saw the reviews online I knew immediately that this was exactly what our family needed. As soon as we pulled into town we loved what we say. Cute little village and amazing sandy beach clear water. The resort is overlooking the beach, the best view possible. Tons of perfect picnic seating with great views of all the town action and waterfront. The kids loved the resort as it had a grassy area perfect for running around and playing. The rooms were small but had everything we needed and we are a family of four ! Kitchenette , microwave , bathroom with shower and pull out couch. Huge bonus was how immaculately clean it was. Mark is amazing and treated us like friends. He held a bonfire night each evening and welcomed our dog. Mark is doing an amazing job running this resort which is why everyone in town stops by to chat and he has so many repeat customers. A bonus for those with dogs is there is an amazing dog park around the corner attached to a children's park so the kids can play while you watch the dogs. Thanks Mark we will be back !!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay R
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Spent one night in the smallest room they had, and it was perfect! When we booked the innkeeper apologized for giving us the 'small' room but it was the only one left. It was all we needed for a one night stay. There was a fridge in the room, great since we brought our own food, a microwave, hot plate, and cutlery. Everything you need! Bed was alright, we brought our own pillows and blankets but that's more about us and the way we travel. Room was clean, and fresh. Loved the chairs on the porch, perfect for enjoying the beach view. Such a lovely place, wish we had stayed longer! The bigger rooms would be perfect for a weeklong stay in this resort town.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2017

My partner and I have been going to balm beach a few times each summer for the last 4 years and have stayed at the Balm beach resort a countless times! The owner is accommodating and easy to get along with and pricing seems right for the beautiful view and atmosphere you get to experience while you stay there.

Only thing kind of strange to me is that the water running to shower/ wash your hands, etc is salt water, but I can work with that, just something that some people may want to know before going there!

Looking forward to summer 2017 to visit Balm beach resort again :D

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

We stayed at the Balm Beach resort two nights. Mark (the owner) was absolutely terrific. The resort has a parking lot, a number of rooms with kitchenettes which was great. There are a couple of barbecues at the back guests can use. We had a good time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple