“Won't dive with them ever again ”
Review of Naira Dive

Naira Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Next to The Nutmeg Tree
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I dived with them twice and both times my bcd was loosing air due to deficient maintenance.Caesar,the owner seems to never show around his business,so,after travelling half World to dive the hammersharks his young divemaster,Ritky ,let me down and never arrived to the shop at the stipulated time.After more than an hour waiting ,he arrived to my bungalow with sleepy face saying it was not possible to get petrol for the boat engine's and in case i still want to dive later they have to go to Neira island to get it, so í replied: you have petrol to go to Neira (1 hour ride) and no petrol to go to the spot (10 minutes ride)????? Lazy even for lying.....i lost my last chance to dive the hammersharks, which í saw the day before ,and lost my one life dream to dive in the Moluccan islands for the last time cos next morning í was flying back to Ambon....shame of divemaster.After many years looking forward to go to Maluccu i won't go back,there are many other great places where i can spend my time and my money to see the same stuff.
By the way,they should clean the beaches,full of rubbish and empty batteries contaminating the reef which locals throw everywhere after fishing octopus in the low tight nights with their torches. Only interested in rip off tourist with crazy prices on the boat trips. Definatelly ill give it a pass.

1  Thank MANUEL N
in 5 reviews
"banda"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Diving in Hatta is Amazing, beautiful walls not litter yet. Big pelagic and meeting Hammerhead sharks, even was not the season, made me wish come back soon. Ichal, the dive guide is awesome, he tried to show me the best dive sites according what I want to see and the weather allowed to do. If you are a beginner diver I suggest you do only drifting dives. I love facing current and I asked for that, but I hold 140 dives in different places, many of these in strong currents. Strong Current=Big Fishes :), majority of the time.
The wood bungalows are clean and offer a good view from the beach, the food provide is simple but tasty. They should offer more fruits, I was 4 night and only had banana every day. Breakfast is poor, usually fried stuffs. The only complaint is the fact of the locals use the varanda of empty bungalows to gathering and for 2 nights they were playing and talking til midnight and the bungalow walls are so thin that seams they are near your bed.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

For hammer heads I would suggest early morning dive on the north east part of the island, but this was not proposed at that time.

We did not have the choice about the dive site and they do not provide any maps, neither a breifing, hopefully this will improve.

They do not rent tanks, and do not discount people with own equipment.

We did not get anything show by our "french" dive guides and it was more like a military training that a leisure dive.

The good point is the boat crew, cool guys, really friendly, helpull and offering tea and coffee.

Unfortunatly the owner was not present at that time, so we could have discuss with him about those points.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

With a lot of diving lovers coming to Banda, the Naira dive also offers rooms to a maximum of 11 people. with its back facing the bay of Banda Naira, tt is just next door to de maulana hotel. Food is great. You can order pizza, spaghetti or other western food here.