All reviews beefeater next door chatsworth house peak district beefeater restaurant meal deal derbyshire dales visiting chatsworth no lift enjoyable stay minute drive good nights sleep attending a wedding all you can eat a great stay reception staff nothing is too much trouble stayed for nights
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I was totally blown away by the quality of service last weekend. The hotel was immaculately clean and the food was superb at the adjacent Beefeater. It was good to see that breakfast was cooked fresh when ordered and the bacon was grilled not microwaved. Emma and Jackie made us very welcome in the restaurant, but special mention goes to Louise for giving my Mother and Sister in Law cards and flowers on their birthday. We’ve always liked Premier Inns but this is by far the best we’ve stayed in. I’d have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who wants a peaceful weekend with good food.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Excellent hotel situated in the countryside and convenient for the local attractions. The staff couldn't do enough to help and we were treated like family. My wife and I have been coming to this hotel for many years now and are and are always made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This Premier Inn is set within yards of the Peak District National Park and, whilst on a main road, is otherwise completely rural. There is a Beefeater Pub adjoining.
As some of the hotel it is a converted stable block, the rooms are not always quite the standard size and shape of Premier Inn rooms - though I wouldn't have known.
It is on a bus route but I think a car essential for a stay here. Car parking is on site and free.
There are lots of pros.
The staff were particularly welcoming, more of the welcome you would expect from a family B&B. The rooms were beautifully clean. Despite the main road and nearby resturant, outside noise was minimal. The shower was hot and quite powerful and everything in the room worked as it should do. The bed was lovely!
As ever, there are some negatives. The floorboards seemed universally creaky and, until they turned in, we were disturbed by the people walking around in the room above. I think this could be a design fault in the Premier Inn design as it was the same my first Premier Inn. Soundproofing from the adjoining rooms is good but it is not from above. I imagine this is a generic problem and certainly not the fault of the excellent manager and staff.
The only other problem was that the bottom sheet was not only not fitted but also not big enough to be tucked-in properly. This is easily resolved and I'm sure worth consideration.
Overall, a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Very convenient location when visiting Derbyshire. Very quiet & beautiful surroundings. The breakfast & dinner deal was good value & convenient. Worth asking for a room at the back. Room was clean. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Not too familiar with the Peak District, so chose here as it looked a good position for our visit to Chatsworth House. We were certainly not disappointed, apparently it was a barn before its convertion in 2009. Our room (6) was a good size, backing on to fields and the countryside, we woke in the mornings with a field full of pheasants! The bathroom must have had one of the biggest baths we have seen in a hotel, not the usual knees up under the chin job!! The staff were friendly and helpful, the room clean, quite with a nice view. There is a Beefeater next door for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving good hot food again with friendly staff. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple