“The best moussaka I have ever tasted!”
Review of Avli

Avli
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Platanias
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is always a good place to dine. Lovely family hosts, the best moussaka I have ever eaten, always plenty of specials - fresh fish dishes are a regular thing.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

First night in Skiathos and we went to Avli Taverna and had a really warm welcome from the owner and his wife who remembered us from previous years. We both had some nice bread with garlic butter and black olive butter to start followed by Lamb Stiffado cooked in a clay pot. Lovely and tasty, but very hot! Phew! I couldn't finish mine as it was very filling, but my husband soon did. We shared some of his wife's homemade famous orange pie with ice cream! Wow that's good pie!
A lovely lemoncello each on the house. A perfect end to our first night. Lovely restaurant. 36 euros in total, so not overly expensive.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

we have known Costas for about twenty years and have been coming to Avli every since he started up there. The food is excellent and good sized portions (not too big or small). He and his wife always give you a warm welcome. The setting is lovely with a terrace surrounded with flowering pots. It is a delightful place to eat, with a lot of choice and fresh daily specials. I love that it is not too big and impersonal. We ate here 3 nights out of 7 just because it is so big and you get such good service. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Vicky B
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Taverna Avli is a firm favourite.
Never disappointed. Called for a meze lunch during our visit in May and had dinner twice during our recent stay. Whoosh! Divine.
Daily specials always described in such a way that you want them all!
Wonderful location. Fabulous food. First class service. What's not to like?
Special mention has to be to the "Orange Pie" I'm not one for deserts but I make an exception for this!! To die for.
For those who fear Skiathos is getting more expensive take note; my first review of Avli was 4 years ago. The bill this year for a similar meal was unchanged; €40 for 2 to include wine!!
We'll be back in 2018.

2  Thank TheHappening
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Nice setting and family service. Food overpriced in comparison to others around the village. Home made produce is their speciality