Legoland Discovery Centre, Manchester
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,597 results
All reviews lego building cinema experience little boy packed lunch workshop ninjago jenkins eddie boys films fab badge
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had another fantastic day out at Legoland Discovery centre, Greater Manchester on Thursday 5th April with 2 x 8 year old children.

Firstly for those who love to moan, do yourselves a logical favour by booking at least 24 hours in advance to save money and avoid unnecessary queuing to gain entry on your day of visiting.
Next for those who love to moan, queues for the rides NEVER exceed 30 minutes maximum at the most busiest times despite some people claiming they were waiting for 1 hour plus for each ride. For those who moan about the food, bring your own sandwiches but please remember to show your manners by clearing up your own mess rather than leave it for others. And for all you who love to moan, it's a children's attraction so expect queuing at times
We arrived at 9.45am, fabulous new factory tour Lego Ninjago 4D free souvenir brick, the children were thrilled to have this addition for their collection. Straight on to Kingdom Quest which we all enjoy before heading to mini land to seek out the Easter chicken Lego figures. Children then went on Forest Pursuit before all 3 of us enjoyed Merlins Apprentice where a female employee named Harrie was most helpful. We had done all 3 rides, the factory tour and mini land by 10.40am with the option of doing all three rides and mini land again during our visit.
A quick visit to the cafe to buy coffee for me and chocolate bars and drinks for the children as our elevenses treat before the children went on the climbing wall and into the Ninjago play area. Coffee is always served piping hot so give yourself plenty of time to drink it or ask for a little water, the addition of children's chocolate bars, giant chocolate coins and popcorn to purchase in the cafe was most appreciated by the children. Cafe children's picnic style lunches, cakes, adult sandwiches and drinks are the usual children's venue costs.
Next was the 4D cinema where we found ourselves front of the queue with just 4.5 minutes to wait until the Lego movie 4D started. Love the new 3D specs which are much more of a better fit than the previous ones.
By 12.20pm the children were asking for lunch so it was back to the Lego cafe to buy them each a lunch pick n mix style picnic lunches which included the new Easter bunny with carrot pop badge, I had more coffee plus a panini.
Cold drinks are self service via the drinks machine which serves a combination of fizzy and still sugar and sugar free drinks. It always shocks me to see just how many dirty lazy people there are who take their own food, drop much of it on the floor, table and chairs and leave the lot together with all their packaging for staff to move. There are bins in and around the cafe area for everyone to dispose of their waste, please use them.

After lunch the children spent time in the Lego racers area followed by the ever so popular Stop Motion filming and building in the new Lego space area. We had a short play in the Bat Cave before a visit to the on-site Lego shop.

The new loyalty scheme is fabulous, a stamp for each of the 5 separate days you make a purchase from the Lego shop followed by a limited edition gold pop badge.

A big thanks to Jotham the student with dark curly hair, small ponytail and glasses who has worked at the discovery centre for possibly 2 years, working Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (May have his name slightly wrong), for finding my child's jacket which we had left in the 4D cinema. And a big thanks to the blonde employee who was in the shop as we were leaving, he used his Lego knowledge to find us the Ninjago Master Wu minifigure my son had wanted to buy since that particular mini figure series came out. My son was most pleased with his little purchase.

We love the new Brick headz available to buy in the store, especially the double pack of make yourself brick headz

Looking forward to visiting again next week.

2  Thank mummy2Cheshire
LegolandDCManchester, Manager at Legoland Discovery Centre, Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi mummy2Cheshire.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful and detailed review following your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester.

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our team members. All our team are passionate about providing the very best experience that they can for all of our guests, and I will ensure that your very kind words are passed on to those mentioned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your feedback following your visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Although our 5 year old said he enjoyed this day out, I didn’t share his opinion! I went with an open mind, but there were just too many negatives outweighing the positives. We are pretty patient when it comes to queuing and know this is an inevitable part of some family days out, but I felt the amount of time queuing didn’t match the quality of the experience queued for. The first ride was quite good, shooting a laser gun at various targets, but the other two rides were decidedly lame. I was surprised by how squashed in everything felt, and an overall feeling of chaos presided over the whole place. The best parts were actually the areas where the children simply played with Lego, and especially the ‘build your own cars and send them down lots of ramps’ bit. However, the staff didn’t seem to care about anything and I was amazed at how little tidying was happening. There were Lego bricks EVERYWHERE and no staff clearing them up. Our 5 year old seemed to have a great time in the soft play, but we can do this in many places that are an awful lot cheaper. I really feel as if this COULD be a much better day out, but Merlin are only interested in your money, trying to upsell you, and getting as many people in as possible. A real shame.

Hi Joni D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester. I am sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your visit with us, and that queuing had a negative impact on your day. We do try and limit our queues as much as possible, and I'm sorry that this was not the case during your visit.

We are very popular during weekends and school holidays, and as such we can become quite busy during these periods. The average visit is 2-3 hours, and following feedback we restrict visits to 4 hours during peak periods to improve the experience for our guests, I can only apologise that this experience did not live up to your expectations. LEGOLAND Discovery Centres do differ to LEGOLAND Theme Parks as they are more about creative learning and imaginative family play. We do hope that you were able to enjoy our Kingdom Quest, Forest Pursuit, 4D Cinema and Merlin's Apprentice rides, in addition to our other attractions such as Build and Test area, Creative Workshops, Bat Cave, Ninjago City Adventure Play Area that includes climbing wall, Batak reflex game and our brand new Space Mission area.

I am sorry to hear of your feedback regarding our team members, as they normally receive such positive feedback, I shall ensure this is passed on to the appropriate department heads. Our team are passionate about providing the best experience that they can for our visitors, and I am sorry that this was not the case during your visit.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The grand tour lasted all of 10 minutes, the prices are ridiculously high and when you get inside the different areas are the size of a living room each. It was extremely busy (easter half term so fair enough) so the soft play area was full of older kids so my little ones didn't get chance to play in there. They recommend you spend 2-3 hours in there and we were done in 90 minutes. We spent 25 quid each way in taxis for it too and it definitely wasn't worth it. The store is very small too and the selection is poor (this was down to the fact that it's actually a Merlin store and not official Legoland). Staff were friendly and helpful though and my kids enjoyed it, which seem to be it's only saving grace.

Hi Lauren C,

Our Factory Tour is a small interactive introduction to our attraction and to how LEGO bricks are made, before our visitors make their way into our main attraction.

I am pleased to read that your children enjoyed their visit, and thank you for your kind feedback regarding our team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your visit, and we do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Fair enough, we did go in half term...... It is very limited as to what can be done here and as with most theme park type things I would say we spent more time standing around than actually doing things. Kids still enjoyed it though! Once is enough for us!

Date of experience: February 2018

Hi AnthonyHayllar,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester, I am pleased to read that your children enjoyed their visit with us. LEGOLAND Discovery Centres do differ to LEGOLAND Theme Parks as they are more about creative learning and imaginative family play.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Went during Easter holidays so pre-booked online. People walking off the street were greeted with no queue whatsoever. Us prepared folk were queuing for 20mins. Nice little building tables to help keep children occupied along the way. Far too many people to feel comfortable in LegoShed discovery centre which is surprising as we were supposedly issued with time limiting wrist bands to ensure better customer experience! Price is ridiculous for what it is. When we walked to the ninjago section (much smaller than what I was expecting ) my husband said we were at the end and I thought he was joking...he wasn’t. My biggest issue has to be the lack of control in the place. A pathetic little announcement over the tannoy system is not going to stop out of control and unsupervised children on soft play equipment who could easily have caused serious injury to the smaller well-behaved children. My husband also overheard a women in the 4D cinema queue complaining that people rushed the queue...twice. I was very disappointed with the film as I was expecting to see a Ninjago 4D film which was advertised on the Lego bricks given in the tour. Instead it was a Lego Movie 4D film which is the exact same one shown at Legoland Windsor. We are big Lego fans and we’re deeply disappointed. We will not be visiting here again and have no intention of visiting the Birmingham one when that opens. (Much closer to home!)

1  Thank NatalieSmith12082013

Hi NatalieSmith12082013,

Unfortunately we did face a technical delay during our Easter period which did have an impact on the speed of our pre-booked ticket queue. We do always recommend pre-booking tickets online to guarantee entrance at your chosen arrival time, as unfortunately those within the walk up queue would have needed to book into time slots later on that day.

As the movies shown within our 4D Cinema are exclusive to LEGOLAND Theme Parks and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre's, we do show the same movies as the 4D Cinema in Windsor. We also rotate our movies throughout the day so that our visitors can see both our short LEGO Movie 4D and our brand new Ninjago 4D movie.

All our rides and interactive attractions are manned, with the exception of our Ninjago City Adventure and Duplo Farm play areas. Our guests safety is a priority of ours, however adult supervision is required throughout the attraction. However if notified of poor behaviour then our team members will respond as appropriate.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your visit.