“Lovely Lunch”

The Wedgwood Restaurant at The Upper House
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Barlaston
Price range: USD 9 - USD 29
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a selection of contemporary English dishes. Our Executive Head Chef and his team are extremely passionate about the food we serve. We believe it is important to know where our produce comes from. It is good quality and locally grown or reared, where possible.
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Went on a lovely Wednesday afternoon for some lunch with a friend.
Absolutely beautiful surroundings and a very well kept building. Décor is very authentic to the era and very clean and well maintained.
Lunch room was lovely. We were the only ones in, except a business group who were having lunch during their conference, which was a shame.
Service was attentive and friendly. The menu was well priced, not cheap but not ridiculously over priced.
The portion size was large and the food was extremely tasty.
To start I had the pate and my friend had the crab salad - both very tasty and large in size.
For the main course, I had the salmon and my friend had steak. Both cooked to perfection and the accompaniments were delicious.
Bottle of Bollinger was chilled to perfection.
Will be returning.

1  Thank Becky G

Reviewed 25 April 2018

A Sparkling Experience with a tempting variety of Sandwiches, Cakes and Scones in a restored Georgian Manor House amid Scenic Gardens!
Service, Setting and Food of High Quality at a realistic cost.
Considerate Wheelchair facilities - access and toilets very manageable.
Remarkable 80th Birthday Celebrations combined with 53rd Wedding Anniversary!

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Tasty home cooked food in a lovely setting . Staff are lovely and very professional. I had the chicken and leek pie which was very tasty. My only comment is the music in the dining room. It's quite loud and in my view not a suitable genre for such an elegant place - in my view some classical /jazz or piano type music would be more appropriate and at background volume levels . They kindly turned it down when i mentioned it. It's a similar thing at breakfast where they play local radio including adverts again at raised volume levels . If they just fixed this then all would be perfect.

2  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 16 April 2018

As part of my husband's birthday celebrations we booked Sunday lunch for ourselves & a couple of friends from London.
We were not disappointed. From the moment we got there the service was fantastic & the staff could not do enough for us.
There was plenty of choice on the menu & we all enjoyed the lovely flavoursome food & the reasonably priced wine.
The wonderful building & the views put the icing on the cake & our southern friends were very impressed to find such an amazing restaurant in Stoke-on-Trent.

1  Thank Jan716
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I've rated the Hotel overall - now the restaurant. Evening meal - plenty of choice, friendly and efficient service to table. The food was extremely well cooked, pleasantly presented, flavoursome and excellent. Breakfast, similarly, plenty of choice and cooked to order. Simply the tastiest breakfast I've ever had. Not huge portions of any one item, but plenty of items in a "full house" breakfast. Fruit, cereals, savouries, kippers, pretty much anything available for healthy eating as well. Faultless!

1  Thank Bob H