Review Highlights
Awesome Dives

Excellent diver center to take a PADI course. All equipment was in very good conditions and Praveen... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2019
Granja10
Open water & Advanced Open water

I completed my open water and advanced open water dive certification with Poseidon instructor... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2019
TahneeJade89
Queensland, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2019

we spend 5 days in Nilevaly and all this 5 days we were with Poseidon diving family. we did some amazing dives with really pro diving masters! we had amazing time thanks to Praveen.
donwt miss pigion island.
Noa & Tzeli
Israel

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank tzeelamohar
Reviewed 10 August 2019

I had trouble finding a dive centre that would take just one diver on the dates I had available before leaving the island. Praveen was professional, prompt and exceptionally accommodating! I completed my Open Water PADI with him and the crew in Trincomalee and it was the best experience I could have asked for. It was 1:1 instruction, not rushed, great underwater visibility, and Praveen took the time to explain everything I had questions about. He is very knowledgeable, recommending the best spots to go to avoid crowds and see the most underwater life. Instructing, he is relaxed, patient, sincere, and fun which helped me challenge my fear of literally being in deep, open water! What made my experience extraordinary was the whole dive centre team, great weather, adorable local pups, the quiet, gorgeous beach, great food at the restaurant next door, and fresh veg stall on the main road and grocery less than 1km. It was a dream come true, and the greatest way to end my stay on this beautiful island filled with lovely and kind people. I would highly recommend Poseidon for both first timers and experienced divers. I miss the sunshine and good times already. I will be back :)

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 23 July 2019

I found Poseidon Diving Center online, as many other diving schools. I did several requests and finally decided to do our PADI open water at Poseidon. We were staying in North Nilaveli and Poseidon kindly offered to pick us up and drop us off every day. It was almost 1h driving per day and it really made our lives easier. The offer was also competitive especially if you are two or more people. We did our diving classes with Marc, a very professional instructor. Nevertheless, the entire team was very nice and helpful to us. During the dives, there were always sweets around, to give us some energy. We did not feel like being in a diving school, we felt like being in a small family. We really recommend Poseidon Diving Center. I have performed many dives around the world but I can say that here the experience was different. We were not many divers so there was absolutely no chaos when going for the dives. Also, I did not feel the rush of getting things quickly and partially. I felt safe ALL the time! Thanks Poseidon, thanks Marc

Reviewed 24 June 2019

The dive experience was amazing and the staff helped me really understand the benefits and risks as welll as enjoy being a part of the scuba community.

Best learning experience in my life!

Defenitely going back to dive with the poseidon team and my buddy / instructor Praveen

1  Thank Chanuka110388
Reviewed 20 June 2019

Beautiful place and atmosphere to go diving! The staff behind Poseidon made this a great experience- and hands up for Praveen! Started off quite nervous due to excitement but his experience and knowledge plus sense of humour made this a great adventure. No doubts! Definitely aiming to visit them again at some point.

The center is located in Nilaveli, the quitter bit of the Trincomalee strip but highly recommended, specially to those seeking for a peaceful surrounding. The view never gets boring, and the friendliness of the locals won't disappoint you either!

1  Thank pjorda00