Review Highlights
Awesome Dives

Excellent diver center to take a PADI course. All equipment was in very good conditions and Praveen... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2019
Granja10
Open water & Advanced Open water

I completed my open water and advanced open water dive certification with Poseidon instructor... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2019
TahneeJade89
Queensland, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2019

I found Poseidon Diving Center online, as many other diving schools. I did several requests and finally decided to do our PADI open water at Poseidon. We were staying in North Nilaveli and Poseidon kindly offered to pick us up and drop us off every day. It was almost 1h driving per day and it really made our lives easier. The offer was also competitive especially if you are two or more people. We did our diving classes with Marc, a very professional instructor. Nevertheless, the entire team was very nice and helpful to us. During the dives, there were always sweets around, to give us some energy. We did not feel like being in a diving school, we felt like being in a small family. We really recommend Poseidon Diving Center. I have performed many dives around the world but I can say that here the experience was different. We were not many divers so there was absolutely no chaos when going for the dives. Also, I did not feel the rush of getting things quickly and partially. I felt safe ALL the time! Thanks Poseidon, thanks Marc

Reviewed 24 June 2019

The dive experience was amazing and the staff helped me really understand the benefits and risks as welll as enjoy being a part of the scuba community.

Best learning experience in my life!

Defenitely going back to dive with the poseidon team and my buddy / instructor Praveen

1  Thank Chanuka110388
Reviewed 20 June 2019

Beautiful place and atmosphere to go diving! The staff behind Poseidon made this a great experience- and hands up for Praveen! Started off quite nervous due to excitement but his experience and knowledge plus sense of humour made this a great adventure. No doubts! Definitely aiming to visit them again at some point.

The center is located in Nilaveli, the quitter bit of the Trincomalee strip but highly recommended, specially to those seeking for a peaceful surrounding. The view never gets boring, and the friendliness of the locals won't disappoint you either!

1  Thank pjorda00
Reviewed 16 June 2019

I completed the open water diving course with Praveen and the Poseidon team at their Nilaveli site. It was an excellent experience made better by the friendly and professional staff. I would highly recommend diving and completing training with Poseidon!

1  Thank B_Melville92
Reviewed 5 May 2019

During my trip to Sri Lanka, I wanted to do my OWD in Nilaveli. After some research I decided to visit the Poseidon and I decided to start my OWD course a few days later. Marc, my instructor, was really good and was able to explain us everything. Eventhough you have quite a lot to learn (theory and practical) we had a great time and also shared some laughter.

The diving sites are also quite nice- unfortunately at the end we just had not the best conditions to dive because of a cyclone in India.

Never the less, I would like to thank them all for the great time and I would recommend them to all who want to do their OWD in Sri Lanka.

Date of experience: May 2019