Lowest prices for your stay
AU$320
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
AU$273
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
All reviews remote location attached restaurant outdoor area lovely pool the air conditioning remoteness agnes
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2022

The Lodge provides basic but clean, comfortable and well maintained accommodation with a pleasant restaurant, outdoor area and pool. Over two nights, the meals in the restaurant were fair average quality, although a minute and very dry serve of Tasmanian salmon was regrettably misrepresented as “fresh caught reef fish” and was served on a bed of overcooked rice with a few wilted lettuce leaves. Breakfast was very sparse. Staff were friendly and prices were surprisingly reasonable for such a remote location.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

I’ll start by saying, the first in counter with a staff member as we walked into the lobby to check in.
That should of been the time i turned around i found somewhere else to stay.
No hello, how’s your day going Or even a smile. That was the start of the hospitality service, that this motel was going to offer me. Throughout the stay I felt uncomfortable. When I entered the dining/bar room to get a drink at one point around lunch time to go have a nice time around the pool. I was greeted by a lady that just said “ WHAT DO YOU WANT”.
There was many other things I could list off but I’m going to finish with.
PLEASE… take my advice and never EVER book a room at the walkabout hotel you will regret it.
I’m in the hospitality trade and I run a few venues and I am thinking buying the surf club around the corner, and show them what real hospitality service looks like.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2022

This place was very busy. The staff were friendly and helpful. The property is clean and well maintained. The room had a door leading to an outdoor area or balcony. The pool is lovely. The meals were delicious.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 20 April 2022 via mobile

Clean comfy rooms, well appointed, great views, reasonably priced, quiet. Well situated easy walking distance to town centre and beach. A lovely pool beside a covered outdoor eating area. Great meals served, and reasonably priced. Well stocked bar. Fabulous friendly staff who were very helpful with all aspects of our stay

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2022 via mobile

The drive from Daly Waters to Gove was quite a journey! Arduous in fact as the track was full of pot holes and we got two flat tyres on the way. Therefore our check in was around 9pm and we were worried that there would be no one to help us. We were wrong. The staff were so welcoming and went out of their way to ensure we were looked after. I think they could tell we were exhausted and frazzled.

I would like to give special mention to Michael who went above and beyond to ensure we got some food before the kitchen closed. He even delivered this to our room so we could settle in.

How lovely to find that the air conditioning was on and perfect, the TV easy to navigate and most importantly, the ensuite was large and the shower hot. I especially appreciated the over head fan as well. Breakfast the next morning in the attached restaurant was continental with a selection of pastries, fruit, cereal and toast.

Agnes in the restaurant was so friendly and made the best coffee. We dined at the restaurant Latitude 12 for all our meals as they were large in portions and reasonably priced for a remote location.

At dinner, Lucy in the bar made the best French Martini’s and served us with a smile. For those who look at the price and expect a 5 start hotel, please remember the remoteness of this hotel and the fact that they rely on a barge twice a week to deliver essentials. We felt so welcome and will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2022