Lowest prices for your stay
AU$320
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
AU$273
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
All reviews remote location attached restaurant outdoor area lovely pool the air conditioning remoteness agnes
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I wasn't sure what to expect as Nhulunbuy is along way from most places. Clean and tidy, though a little dated and the bedspreads might need a rethink or replacement. But it's welcoming, near a supermarket and a beach (watch for crocs though).
The attached restaurant served a more than adequate breakfast included and the evening meals were well priced and generous.

Room tip: avoid the western facing rooms as the afternoon sun is very hot
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank LizzieSmiles
WalkaboutLodge, Manager at Walkabout Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you LizzieSmiles for your review & we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night recently on a business trip . The rooms are very dated , tv poor reception but at least the aircon eventually worked after fiddling with the room slot key for power .

Given minimal choice in Nhulunbuy you don’t expect the ritz, but I last stayed here 6-7 years ago and it hasn’t improved .

The biscuits were stale when I made a coffee , and the whole room as said looked tired .

Given it’s really the only choice for accom in town , an upgrade of the rooms imo would be worth the investment .

Check in and out was prompt however.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 260deand
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We had a one week annual reunion with six couples in Gove recently. We chose the Walkabout Lodge as it was close to the shopping/business and recreation areas in Nhulunbuy.

The Staff were just brilliant. Our initial communication was with Shelley and she gave us all the information and prices etc that we needed to arrange everything. Thanks Shelley..you are wonderful! Rooms were clean and comfy, Bathrooms great..spotlessly clean. Friendly Housekeeping. Guest Laundry. Great Pool etc.

Restaurant food was tasty and fresh...we even were able to have our fish that we caught cooked for us by the chef. Thanks guys!!

Would recommend the Walkabout. Room prices are not all that cheap, but you are in a remote area and the service offered is worth it.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Erich E
WalkaboutLodge, Manager at Walkabout Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you Erich E for your review and we are so glad that you had a great time at the Walkabout Lodge with your friends for your annual reunion. I will pass your comments on to Shelley & to the Management team to pass on to their staff. We are so very happy you had a great experience here and I hope you come back to East Arnhem Land and visit us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I stay in hotels throughout the NT for work and this is very disappointing. I have stayed here many times before but I don't know why I have come back. The price is ridiculous although nowhere in Nhulunbuy is reasonable. I have just had dinner and left half my food on the plate, burning pork belly is not the way to get it crispy. I should have stayed at the Peninsula, I wont be back.

Room tip: Try the Peninsula Motel
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you leejg28 for your review and we are disappointed that your stay here was not enjoyable. I am not sure if you had mentioned to the staff about your food as it would have been fixed and your dinner not ruined. If we don't know at the time we can not fix the problem straight away, but we have now had a complete dinner menu change and removed that dish from the menu.
Once again we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here, but thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

You don't expect luxury in Arnhem Land in Australia's Northern Territory but this hotel offers comfort and reasonable service.
A very nice pool and restaurant overlooking it.
Rooms are spacious and the bedding comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ken n
WalkaboutLodge, Manager at Walkabout Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here in Arnhem Land at the Walkabout Lodge & we hope to welcome you back here again one day.