Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tony W
Darwin, Australia

Impressive

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Aug 2022via mobile
Very impressed, spacious quality rooms with very good facilities. Outdoors boasts a great vibe with lush foliage and a very tempting swimming pool. Great central location and a real hi-light was the great service at reception. Very friendly and Helpful. I will be back.
Date of stay: July 2022
Free Wifi
7.4 km from Gove Peninsula Motel
Beachfront
View more hotels in Nhulunbuy
All reviews beautiful pool air conditioned facilities camping vibe
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2022

Tess and Lee run a fantastic, warm-hearted, clean and excellent motel right in the heart of Nhulunbuy - if you stay with them you won't only be staying in delightful and well-priced accomodation, but you will also get the added benefit of two kind, top-notch local residents with a wealth of local knowledge and tips to impart to make your stay better.

I stayed at the Gove Peninsula Hotel in pretty horrible circumstances - I planned a week of camping in a rooftop tent but crashed my car on the way in, and as a result was stranded and without accomodation. Tess and Lee quickly made room for me and my friends and welcomed us to their beautiful motel the day we arrived, even offering to come and pick us up with all of our salvaged luggage in Lee's ute.

The room was fantastic - big, clean, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioned, and the amenities were just as good - there is a communal laundry, washing lines, and a big beautiful pool surrounded by grass. Beyond this though the warmth and kindness of Tess and Lee made my stay, despite the circumstances, one of the best trips I've had this year. They went out of their way to ensure I still got to see all that Nhulunbuy had to offer. Because of their kindness this town is endeared to me and I plan to come back and explore more many more times in the future.

If you are looking for excellent accomodation and also want to support some really deserving runners of a small business, gove peninsula motel should be your 1st and only stop

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 13 September 2021

Definitely a great place to stay. Can't fault it in any way. The staff were really helpful and friendly happy to help if they could. We had to ask for a flexible check in as we had a few car problems and the staff were really accomodating. Very clean motel the rooms were large and immaculate, and had basic cooking equipment with a really good size fridege if you are travelling with a family or staying for a few days. highly recommend it, reasonably priced for where it is located.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

We have just spent 5 nights at Gove Peninsula Motel. It is a great spot to stay..... an immaculately clean, spacious room with excellent facilities for self catering ( full fridge, microwave, large electric frypan), set in restful gardens with a pool. A BBQ is available on request.
Jo and Peter, the owners were at all times friendly and very helpful but totally unobtrusive. This place has a very homely feel, is quiet, and located on the edge of town .... so a car is desirable. An excellent cafe and a bakery are a couple of food options located a few minutes walk from the motel.
We loved our stay at Gove Peninsula and highly recommend it as a base from which to explore.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmrmworland
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

Ended up staying here when another lodging would not accommodate our late night arrival and I can not stress how glad we were to stay at the Peninsula Motel. Jo was so lovely on the phone when I explained our situation and was able sort out a solution for us.
The room was very spacious and clean, but the level of hospitality was the most memorable thing about our stay. It was absolutely outstanding!
Jo and Peter are exceptionally wonderful people who would help in anyway to ensure we had a great trip. They are great for a chat too! I would highly recommend any travellers to Nhulunbuy stay here!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jen f
Reviewed 1 August 2020 via mobile

Really love this little motel. Very clean and spacious. It's also a bonus that the owners are really friendly and always happy to help. No problem is too big for them to help with. Also its really close to the town centre as well but not too close to all the craziness. The palm trees are a plus and makes it feel like a resort. I will definitely be coming back here. There are only two options in town and I definitely prefer the Gove peninsula motel of the two.

Date of stay: July 2020