All reviews on the small side free access next door friendly staff no frills swimming pool water slides price booking children table car space sauna pier review
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

This is probably one of the cheapest room in this area with a low price.

Initially, I reserved the room for 7 nights but I check out on the second day instead. The room is way too small for a traveller with two mid size luggages. I can barely go to the toilet from my bed due to my own luggages. I checked in together with one of my business partner, however his room is even worst with full of dusts on the floor. And so, we both decided to check out the second day and move to a better stay instead.

The hotel location is rather far from the TORP Sandefjord Airport. It takes about 30 minutes by taxi. However, it is possible to walk from the hotel to the harbour side with full or restaurants and town area with grocery stores by taking about 20 minutes. (Warns: There is no restaurants or shops around near the hotel, you must go to the town and get something you want.)

Internet speed is fast and stable. It is also free of charge where you can use freely roaming in within the hotel compound.

My room is clean and acceptable. However, there is no fridge, no kettle and no iron in the room due to room space.

Staff can speaks English and is helpful.

Breakfast is full of choices where you can get the typical milk, orange juice, apple juice, breads, meat slices, eggs, omelette, etc. And it is recommended to purchase the breakfast as it is quite affordable in my opinion, also you do not have other restaurant/cafe for breakfast in that area unless you get some breads or snacks from the store in the town area.

The only perk provided by this hotel is the free access to their waterpark and gym centre. However, I do not have the chance to visit the centre but I think it is well worth to mention here.

[+] Price worthy: 4/5
[+] Location: 2/5
[+] Internet: 4/5
[+] Hygiene: 3/5
[+] Staff friendliness: 3/5
[+] Breakfast: 4/5

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We had made reservations for a small group, where they managed to lose two of our rooms and weren't really apologetic about it either. The service was the slowest I've ever experienced anywhere, finding out anything in the apparently extremely complex computer system of theirs took 20 minutes. Everyone who actually got a room found them horrible.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Nils S W, Daglig leder at Active Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear guest.

I am very sorry to see that your experience with our hotel is disastrous. Your identity and date of stay is hidden from me in Tripadvisor, so it’s difficult for me to see what went wrong in your case. Please contact me on nils@activehotel.no or on my cellular phone +47 418 50 418, so I can find out the circumstances around your reservation and slow service as you describe it. This is not acceptable by our standards!
Last week fourteen of our hotel rooms got a “make-over”. So the rooms you are referring too, may not exist anymore.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
Nils S Wilhelmsen
General manager

Reviewed 21 April 2015

I stayed here for 1 night only. I would have given the rating " good" . This is a no frills hotel, with the usual Scandinavian friendliness. Breakfast buffet style, serving all tasts. Additional perk is the sportscentre next door, with a covered pool, however did not have time to visit same.
Looks to me as a nice family hotel.
Room simple, but comfortable. Value for money, indeed, nicely priced.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Active Hotel is located on a peninsula next to industrial buildings so restaurants and the Viking Ship building is across a little bridge to Tonsberg. We were right above the outside smoking area so we had to keep the window closed all the time.
It was cheaper than Tonsberg but not as nice. You can tell that they specialize in families whop are staying for a few days of sports, water park & other activities. We were just there overnight and got there too late in the evening to use any of the amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JamesJOceanside_CA
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The only nice thing of the hotel is the fact that closed you can use free of charge ACTIVE sports club. Rest is a bit said and poor: rooms very small and far from the centre. Breakfast excellent, worthy to pay for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business