“Flavorful Food Tasteless Service”

Almost There Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

For the most part the food was good. A little high price wise but good. Menu said 4 shrimp, plate arrived with three, when questioned waitress she was not helpful. Promised corn, settled for salad late in meal. No changing table on men’s room, hello - it’s 2018!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We went at this restaurant the 1st of july. We spend a weekend at Conway! We took the burger with half plat of nachos! Everything was very great! The burger was good and tasty (black Angus AAA). And the nachos was the best we never had in a restaurant! The service was really good and fast! The price was not expensive at all. If we go back to conway we will eat at this restaurant again sure.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

This appears to be a place for the locals. It was basic with a few inside tables, a pool table, a small bar. It had an outside section that looked like it would be fun in better weather (we had rain). We were here Friday night around 9:30. There was no band but maybe it is out of season (pre memorial day post February)? We didn't see our server much but when we did she was pleasant. I ordered the pizza which was not the right choice. I am thinking it was made with canned sauce. My partner had a hamburger that was delicious. Real beef not processed patty. The onion rings were delicious not soggy or over fried. We might try it again during the lunch hour on a sunny day. Prices were decent nothing expensive.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

A locals hangout with live music (CW) during the summer. Its the first restaurant on the left as you enter Mt. Washington Valley and the Conway's; i.e. their namesake. I've been coming up to the "Valley" for near 25 years and have lived here albeit part-time, for the last 20 years.

I had a bad experience some years back. Stale bread, mediocre food, cold fries, etc. and did not come back and also told friends to avoid the place as well. But something changed along the way as did my attitude. Great pub food, local charm, pool table, decent selection of beers on tap and in bottles.

This is not a place for fine dining. But as far as pub food goes, its good, and the portions are large which is why I rated it 5 stars as a pub.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

A few of my buddies and I took motorcycle ride on a Sunday .We stopped at the Almost There Bar and Grill. I assume the "almost there" is implying the Kangamangus highway or at least the east end. The restaurant was not to busy so no problem to find a table for 6 guys. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was good .Service was quick and efficient .The menu was fairly diverse for a pub style place ,burgers and sandwich's .They also had salads to steaks and just about most things you would expect. Every body agreed the food was pretty good no complaints from a bunch of big eaters .I had eaten here before and had the same results as well ,which is what brings us back.

1  Thank jeffrey l