All reviews the clothing optional pool afternoon wine and cheese alila hotels the outdoor patio area glamping tents spent the afternoon infinity hot tub perfect escape every staff member amazing property beautiful retreat rooms are beautiful the wood burning fireplace enjoyed my stay room service redwood trees best of both worlds
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a great time. The tents were extremely nice, the bed was very comfortable, I was very warm, the welcome basket was great, the fire pits were terrific and the washroom is beautiful. It was great staying in a redwood grove. I would definitely recommend the experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gladys P, Guest Relations Manager at Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you, Dan for taking the time to write about your Glamping stay! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay among the redwoods and that you were comfortable. Thanks again for spreading the word; I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was so happy to return after the long road closure and the fires in 2016 - it's been a wild year in Big Sur. I returned to Ventana for a 3 day birthday weekend and was BLOWN AWAY. The renovations are truthfully better than I expected - the new lawns, the pools, hot tubs, the walkways in the redwoods, the fun glamping tents. The Restaurant always had great food but now the dining room is spiffed up and the food tasted even better. The signature patio was transformed to a hip and stylish terrace, new bar, all new fire pits, what a killer place this will be when it warms up a tad.

The rooms were always sublime - we stayed in the Pacific Suites - a private hot tub with Pacific views was perfect room for a cool spring weekend. Only regret is we did not stay 4 nights!

Staff was so warm and welcoming - many special touches through the stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

A warm welcome to you, and I am so happy to read your lovely message. It's gratifying to know our guests--and returning guests, are enjoying the renovations at the new Ventana Big Sur! We're so pleased.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Beautiful and luxurious with nature surrounding and views to die for. A really responsive staff and excellent spa. the grounds are beautiful and the pools are perfect. You can take a beautiful stroll on the path through the woods to Sur House and have unique California cuisine.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gladys P, Guest Relations Manager at Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you, Kevin, for taking the time to share your experience with us. On behalf of the dedicated team, we are very appreciative and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward to seeing you again at Ventana Big Sur!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I feel confident saying this was the best resort we've ever been to. The prime location coupled with the views made for an amazing experience every second. We explored the resort grounds (pools, 24 hour hot tub, spa, nature walk to the incredible restaurant & complimentary wine and cheese HH with views) and Big Sur itself about 20 min driving north and 50 min driving south to cover everything we wanted to. We hiked along the beach in Andrew Molera state park, ate at Nepenthe and Big Sur Tap House (both delicious), watched the sunset at Pfeiffer Beach and much more! If you have money saved up and want the best experience for a relaxing getaway, this is the spot.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gladys P, Guest Relations Manager at Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Wow, Mr. Darling, it looks like you had a thorough visit to Ventana Big Sur. I am so thrilled you experienced so much of the resort and enjoyed lots of the surrounding beauty...you visited a few of my own favorites! I appreciate you taking the time to tell of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

One of my best friends and I went to Big Sur for 2 nights and we lucky enough to stay with Ventana. This luxurious rugged slice of heaven was the highlight of our coastal adventure. There is a balance of 5 star service with a casual relaxed feel. The resort is nestled in the mountain side with views that are story book worthy. The recent renovations are outstanding and this is one for the bucket list. Outstanding in all aspects, thank you for a wonderful visit!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank dorado12

Dear Dorado12 -- Thank you so much for taking the time to post this kind review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ventana Big Sur. I will share your message with the staff here...it will make their day to know our guests feel its 'heaven on earth,' just like they do!