Just spent one week at El Cid resort- Feb 2012. We have been to Mexico 6 times- each trip was great and this resort was one of the best. The grounds, beach, and facilities were maintained so beautifully. The service was great in all areas. Comment for families: our kids ages 4 and 8 spent hours each day in the Kids club. They were open from 9am-9pm each day- with a posted list of daily activities so the kids could see what they wanted to join in on. They had a nice mix of indoor vs. outdoor activities, such a making bead bracelets, making animal balloons, or walking to the beach to play water balloons or make sand castles. The activities changed each day. They also had a few special shows- one with the actors dressed up in super hero costumes diving into the pool! Twice they did pinatas outdoors. Also special night events like watching a movie on a large screen with popcorn or minidisco with the lights and DJ. We loved the staff and felt comfortable leaving our kids for a few hours at a time in their care. My four year old liked going to dinner at the buffet with the KIDS club better than sitting in the more formal restaurants with us so that was also a great perk! The literature said kids could start attending at age 4 but they did not enforce that strictly- so if you have a outgoing younger kid they could likely join in. Also- you don't have to drop off to participate in activities so if you want to stay with your child you could drop in for pinata or games, etc. The pool and water slide and jumping rock were fabulous our kids swam for hours.
Other notes-room service is great and included for no extra charge- even the kids liked this after a long swim to watch cartoons and relax in the room.
The spa is amazing-had an incredible massage. They were offering 50 min for $100 US and this also included a one hour water therapy spa treatment- so two hour of spa for the price. If you like spa take a peek inside- we thought it was worth every penny. Massages can be indoors or out along the beach. Most masseuses are men- if you are a bit conservative you might request a woman or an indoor massage. The staff were excellent.
We loved the trip and would return again- the kids, my husband and I, and my parents. Food and drinks were great. Dinners require reservations at all but the buffet- make as many as possible because these were really outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos