“Amazing !”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa XaAn

Main Bedroom Bath
Laundry Room
Pool Bath
Pool Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Linda D
“Amazing !”
Reviewed 15 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

First of all I would love to write a bad review because I don't want everyone to find out about this gem . But I have to be honest and let everyone know how great It is. I was very apprehensive about you renting a villa but from the first message that I sent Rick I felt very safe. . He always responded very quickly to any question that I had and understood my apprehension which is why I chose his place.

Antonio picked us up at the airport which was exactly as Rick had promised. Antonio is amazing. He has great English and seems to know so much about Mexico. I could listen to him all day. He also will provide excursion options at a very reasonable price. He took us to 5th ave and told us to take as much time as we needed. We found out on the drive home that he had started his day at 6 am and it was now 10 pm. He is so accommodating. I would trust him to take me and my family anywhere.

Villa : Rick’s Villa is beautiful and very clean. There is ceramic and marble everywhere and it is so spacious. The Master bedroom is to die for. It is a walk-in closet and ensuite and it has patio doors that open to the amazing pool. There is every pot and pan and utensil you can think of…except a potato masher. I had to use a fork. Lol. Rick also provided towels and shampoo and soap as well as a cell phone in case we needed him . There is Netflix which came in handy on the second night because it was raining so hard. There is also a washer and dryer which was awesome. I would say the only down side to the villa is that the kitchen sink did not hold water because the plug didn't fit at all. It was very hard to hand wash pots and the top rack of the dishwasher was broken so it was frustrating to open and close. But no big problems.

Puerto Morelos is a sweet little town very untouched by tourism. I loved that. The food was very cheap and the locals were very friendly. There was not one day or night that I felt unsafe. The beach is very long with a lot of restaurants. It should only cost 25 pesos from Ricks to the beach. Do not let the taxi drivers charge you more because some will try. There are also beach chairs for rent. Unico beach has the best price for chairs, 120 pesos for the day for 2 Chairs an umbrella and a table and the waiters serve you at your beach chair. It was awesome. The food was good however we absolutely loved the food at Cancun Billy’s! I strongly recommend you go there for at least a drink and see Vincent, he is a sweetie. They have a band there on Thursday nights and it is awesome.
Snorkelling- see Charlie Brown. Yup that is right. Charlie Brown. He was very reasonably priced and he knew a lot about the reef.
There is another restaurant with beach chairs in the middle of the beach. Don't go there. The food is awful and the prices are not good. George told us he could get us a deal to a cenote for 5 US dollars a person and his brother in law would drive us for 50 US dollars. When we got there they charged us 20 US dollars per person. We were mot impressed. I wished I had asked Antonio to plan an excursion.

16 Mar 2017
Linda, Leon;
Once again many thanks for your input and kind comments.
I like to mention the following:
1) The Kitchen Sink does have a plug to hold water, it is always tucked away in the bottom door.
2) The top rack in the dishwashers wasn't broken, it was off it's wheel rails.
If I would have known about this issues I would have taken care of them immediately including getting a potato masher.
What I don't know I can not fix.
It sure was a pleasure having you at the villa and look forward to the opportunity of having you back in the no to distant future.
Rick Fernandez
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrific!”
Reviewed 5 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a month and everything was just perfect.
Spacious bedrooms, lovely bathrooms, a refreshing pool. Serenity and safety!
Rick takes impeccable care of his property and his guests. Any questions? He has answers. Any needs? He addresses them. The maid service is thorough and honest. This morning on our way to the airport, we left a jacket behind with our passports in the pocket. Rick jumped into his car and drove to find us. We got it back. He's wonderful!. Thanks Rick, for a wonderful and relaxing time.

5 Mar 2017
Martha, Brian;
Thank you so much, it was a sheer pleasure having you at the Villa and hope it wouldn't be last.
sunbeachl...
SALISBURY
“Beautiful, well-equipped house”
Reviewed 23 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Xa'an is a unique home--Incredibly well stocked with what renters want and need. We stayed for 3+ weeks and loved it! There were some afternoons that we didn't even leave the pool area. The owner, Rick, is fluent in English and Spanish, and is meticulous in taking care of the place, coming to the house every single morning to sweep away leaves from the pool area and to check on things. He's a great guy and very helpful. The house is located on the opposite side of the main highway, away from the beaches, in an un-touristy area. The neighborhood (mostly Mexican families) is very friendly and safe (the house has high walls and one always feels secure there). Please do note that the walk to the beach is about 3 miles each way; we had a car and felt it was necessary as we are senior citizens and no bicycles were provided. The house is very clean and modern and the grounds well-groomed. Internet service outstanding! Beds extremely comfortable!

23 Jan 2017
Janet, Joe;
Many, many thanks for your kind comments and the suggestions you left me, all have been taken care of.
New coffee maker, laps in all the bedrooms and a floor lamp in the living room, printer cartridge replaced, and new living room TV. Bikes are not coming back as they require too much maintenance and are seldom used. There is a set of 3 coolers in storage for those guests that require them, didn't know you needed one.
Thanks once again, hope to have you back in the no to distant future.
A TripAdvisor Member
“perfect”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

The house, owner, neighborhood, everything was absolutely amazing!
Couldn't ask for anything else!
Rick the owner and host has every base covered. The house is beautiful and exceptionally clean. Very well stocked. Antonio (who was our driver) is so resourceful, wonderful etc!!
Can't wait to go back!

5 Jan 2017
Stephanie, Peter;
Many, many thanks for your kind comments, glad you found details the house and service up to your expectations.
Look forward to having you back in the no to distant future.
Regards,
Rick Fernandez
Allan W
canada
“Outstanding Vacation Rental”
Reviewed 15 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Rick's villa for 3 weeks thru Nov-Dec and were extremely impressed from the minute we met Rick and entered the house. He had sparkling wine and cold beverages waiting for us and walked us through the property explaining everything, as well as, giving us some suggestions on restaurants, taxis, grocery stores, local sites etc. He made sure we were comfortable before leaving and told us to call him on the provided cell phone if we needed anything night/day.

The house was spotless upon arrival and Rick has a maid come in once a week to do a thorough cleaning and he shows up every day himself to clean the pool and tidy the surrounding deck. There is seating for twelve around the pool, including two large umbrellas for shade. The pool is kept incredibly clean and is the perfect temperature for all day floating/lounging. Also, there is an outside bathroom located conveniently near the pool so you don't have to walk through the house soaking wet.

The house had three bedrooms -- two kings and a double -- all very comfortable and quite large. Two full bathrooms that Rick equips with shampoo/conditioner, soaps and body lotion and shower scrubby so no need to pack extra. Both showers are marble and glass and are quite large. The living room seats four comfortably and has a 60'' TV with Netflix which we used mostly at night and during our one rainy day.

The galley kitchen is smaller but has high end appliances including a fridge with purified water for both ice/water -- there is ample counter space and storage and even Tupperware for the leftovers when you decide to cook.

The house is in a very safe and quiet neighborhood located just one block from an OXXO and three blocks to the Aki grocery store and probably five blocks to the Super Chedraui. There are a couple of restaurants nearby, but I would suggest going downtown or to one of the many beach restaurants for some amazingly fresh seafood. No need to rent a car here as everything is within walking distance and taxis are abundant and very cheap.

Overall this is just a great no surprises/ stress free property that exceeded our expectations in every way and one that I would not hesitate to return to. The house has a spa-like feel to it that invites relaxation. Finally, Rick's hands on approach and hospitality towards his guests sets this apart from any other rental we have stayed at and I would give it 6 stars if I could.

15 Dec 2016
Allan, Nicki;
Thank you very much, waooo! ... How reassuring, incredible comments. So glad you had a great time and found the property up to your expectations.
Look forward to to having you back in the no to distant future.
Warm regards,
Villa Xa'An
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing