“Rick Fernandez and Villa Xa'an exceeded my...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa XaAn

Main Bedroom Bath
Laundry Room
Pool Bath
Pool Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Carson M
Portland, Oregon
“Rick Fernandez and Villa Xa'an exceeded my expectations in every way”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I just returned from a week long stay in Puerto Morelos where my friends and I stayed in Villa Xa'an. The owner and caretaker of the property, Rick Fernandez, really did exceed our expectations in every way. He is a fabulous host and took such good care of us while we were there.

Before our arrival Rick asked if we would like any groceries or supplies in the house and we were welcomed with a chilled bottle of wine, a refrigerator full of goodies, and all we needed for poolside margaritas for the week . Rick was at the house every morning to skim the pool and clean and water the beautiful yard. He was also always available for questions and helpful travel information. RIck even took the time to investigate bicycle rentals for us before we came and went so far as to visit the bike rental facility to make sure it was safe and reputable before recommending it. Rick also arranged for us to be picked up from the airport and returned safely at the end of our trip.

The house was beautiful, clean, comfortable, and equipped with any and every convenience we could have asked for including a VIOS phone for local calls, a computer and printer, internet access, a flat screen TV with Netflix, a kitchen stocked with appliances and utensils, and even hair dryers! We always had clean towels and purified water (and ice!). All this, and I haven't even mentioned how fabulous the pool was.

We all had a wonderful vacation in Puerto Morelos and we owe so much of that to Rick's hospitality and professionalism. The moment we left, my friends and I were already planning our trip for next year. I wholeheartedly would recommend Puerto Morelos and especially Villa Xa'an to any of my friends. Thanks Rick!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and Rick
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
belisler
Portland, Oregon
“Immaculate house, spectacular host, amazing city.”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Rick is an incredibly hard working, generous and hospitable host -- the best we have ever encountered (and the best we probably ever will). My friends and I could not believe how far Rick was willing to go to ensure our comfort in his rental home and in Puerto Morelos. He made time to follow up with different vendors in town to make certain they were reputable and trustworthy. He set up our airport transfer, giving detailed directions to the house in Spanish that we could not have provided. Groceries, sunscreen, bug spray and precious margarita ingredients were purchased ahead of time for us, so the house was stocked full with whatever we needed (we just had to reimburse him upon arrival). The local cell phone and VOI phone provided were priceless additions as well. We used the cell for calling our taxi and contacting Rick for help. Two of our travelers actually lost their debit cards (what luck!) during day trips and the VOI phone was awesome to call the banks from. Rick came to the house every morning of our stay to skim the pool and tend to the yard and answer any questions we had for our daily outing, etc. It was always awesome seeing his smiling face greet us in the morning!

The house -- it's amazing. The photos here give you a great idea of what it's like, but they still don't do it justice. It's spotless, modern, comfortable and stocked to the brim with everything you could possibly need in terms of utensils, comfort, technology and security. The pool was the best thing to come home to at night to either dip your aching feet in or go for a cooling swim. Villa Xa'An is in the colonia, the non-touristy part of town, which made it ideal for us. We were able to get a feel for how the real residents of Puerto Morelos live, rather than knocking shoulders with other tourists of the playa area all week. But, of course, we wanted easy access to the beach, too, so we rented bikes and easily rode those back and forth (10 minutes each way on bike).

I cannot describe in appropriate words how amazing this house is and how spectacular a job Rick does. He is a top-notch expert in hospitality and just a wonderful human to have met. Our group is already talking about how soon we can get back to this place and rent from him again. We fell in love with Puerto Morelos here, and perhaps with Rick, too! :)

Mil gracias, Rick! You are one of a kind! Our experience in Puerto was so amazing and so much of it is thanks to you. You blew our minds with your hospitality and generosity and the beautiful home you work so hard to keep up.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Rick, the pool, the location
Liked least: Not a thing -- everything is amazing here!
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Manitoba Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Older travelers
Whitecourt
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway
AB
Reviewed 28 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Older travelers
Management Response
28 Feb 2014
Louisd;Many, many thanks for your kind words, it was a sheer pleasure having you in Villa Xa'An and fortunate to have guests like you, your family, Frank and Monique.
Hopefully I'll have you all back for a second visit and have the opportunity to look after you all once again.
Rick
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing