Check in went fairly smoothly. We arrived late so rooms were ready. We upgraded to Preferred.We went with Preferred Tropical as we would have had to change Oceanfront rooms half way thru the stay. Also do not feel that Oceanfront is worth the money. We were in bldg. 2 tropical side which was fine. Nice to have use of the Preferred Lounge and the internet. Israel at the Preferred pool and Ivan at the beach were very helpful. Preferred pool was fairly empty most days and we had the pool to ourselves. I did not find it cold as others have mentioned. We had a Palapa bed reserved for us daily and also at the beach. Not sure if I would upgrade again. You really don't get much for the extra money except location.
We only tried two of the specialty restaurants but neither were very good. I disliked the lines to wait. You either had to be there at 6 or go late. One things that needs to change is the closing of restaurants every night. There are always at least 2 restaurants that close. This is unacceptable. Food in the buffet was good. Enough choices to keep most happy.
Our room was very nice. No complaints there at all. Maid service was good and the people who work there always have a smile.
The one big gripe was the Valentines Day romantic dinner on the beach. Wow! For the price paid the food was really bad. The salad was blowing off the plate and the torches kept throwing sparks on us. I also had to laught at The Paramour restaurant. Our friends wanted to dine at the tables by the water but you had to BUY a bottle of wine in order to sit there. They nickel and dime you to death for an all inclusive. Why is it called an all inclusive if it is not. Honestly I have stayed in several all inclusives in Cancun and Dominican and never had to pay extra for anything.
Drinks were good. Fernando was my favorite bar keep. I never had a weak drink. Also kudos to the Beach bar staff. They were great.
All in all it was a good vacation. We went to the little town of Puerto Morelos and fell in love with it. Reminded me somewhat of Key West on a smaller scale. We went snorkeling at the reef, got a massage at Jungle Spa (excellent) and rented a car to go to Tulum (also a great day).
Before we left we had already decided that if we came back again we would stay in a condo in Puerto Morelos. Much cheaper and we just loved the town. We got home and booked again for April so in just 7 weeks will be back in paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC and Odigeo so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos