“Love it”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We're regulars and have never had a bad curry here. Always a good night and get great service from the staff. A family friend we took recently reckons its the best curry he's ever had.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We were a party of 10 people including 4 kids (11, 9 & 5), booked for 6.30pm. Despite our booked table being free, we were kept in a holding area for half an hour and encouraged to order drinks. We weren't seated until 7.15pm (possibly later). Getting very hungry we waited and asked if there was a problem with our order. The waiter apologised and said our food would be ready in 15 minutes. Two starters were brought out at 7.25pm (bhajis without any yoghurt sauce and dry salad). We asked if we could at least have some complimentary popadoms as we'd now waited close to an hour. The waiter told us they don't do complimentary popadoms, we'd have to pay 70p each for them. We didn't get our mains until 7.40pm. Although the mains were nice, the portions were very small. There were no chutneys brought out with our food like you normally get in an Indian restaurant. I felt sorry for the waiter who was clearly rushed off his feet, but for me, a seasoned curry eater, I won't be going back again in a hurry. To expect people to wait over an hour for their food and not even offer them complimentary popadoms is fairly uncouth. Also, I'd like to suggest to the Prachee that they make the portions a little bigger. As I said, when we finally got our mains, the flavour was pretty good.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We have been coming here for a few years now.
We have never had a bad meal, everything we have tried has been cooked skillfully and with care. The result is always a delicious satisfying meal. Not the cheapest but you can't produce quality food without the best fresh ingredients.
As I have a nut allergy they always offer to cook any menu item nut-free to meet my needs.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been a customer at the Prachee since 1985 usually a couple of time per week these days, sometimes just for takeaway , my wife and I look after people with learning disabilities and we don’t get much time off apart from 4 nights every 6 weeks , our first restaurant to eat at is of coarse The Prachee , always made welcome by the the owner and the family also the staff ,
I can’t understand anyone being disappointed with the food but having said that not everyone likes the same tastes . To me and my family it is
SIMPLY THE BEST CURRY thank you all at Prachee

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

You can try all the rest then come back to the best been to hundreds of curry houses but non compare to our favourite great food great service