“Amazing honeymoon spent in this beautiful retreat...”

and 1 more site!
Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing honeymoon spent in this beautiful retreat...”
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a mountain view lodge for our honeymoon in December, our lodge was amazing and the view was so beautiful! Just waking up in the morning to sit up and see the mountains and rainforest was pure relaxation for us.. Staff are very helpful and lovely!! Thank you to Bronny who went out of her way to set something special up for me at my husbands request, was an amazing suprise!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Nessieee_92

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 5 December 2012

In short- the facilities are great; service is enthusiastic and friendly with amazing attention to detail; the location is picteresque, relaxing and peaceful; meals are ample, delicious and highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kris R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We celebrated our 25th anniversary staying in the Cedar Lodge at Crystal Creek Rainforest retreat. Everything was perfect! Our private heated plunge pool was the best place to start and end our days - we loved it. The seclusion of this lodge made it feel like we were the only people on the property. It is tucked away off the main entry point of the retreat and surrounded by lush plantlife. The view from the deck is breathtaking with Springbrook mountain framed by palm trees. The birdlife was an added treat and we made good use of the binoculars that were provided. Our nightly log fire created a wonderful warm atmosphere. Meals were great - more than enough food. The staff were friendly and helpful and gave us lots of good tips about where to go on our travels through the hinterland. Every day since we got back we've thougth about our time there and wished for our own private plunge pool. We can't recommend it highly enough. It is truly worth the expense for such a unique and relaxing experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2012

It's actually taking alot out of me not to be hysterical when I write this review. I am completely in love with this place. Something about staying here has forever changed the way I look at the world and what I view as real and important. When I was younger I thought life was about dating hardcore gangster party guys who thought going to a club was the greatest thing you could do in life. They had no clue about the world, life or real issues. Then I was BLESSED to meet someone who was completely removed from that ideal and who on his own booked a 2 night (which then turned into a 3 night stay) at Crystal Creek and it blew me away.

This place is amazing. AmaDOIDJFWg. I can't type... AMAZING. I spent a few nights on Hamilton Island earlier this year and although the Great Barrier Reef is nothing to scoff at this by far has smacked me in the head in terms of perfect.

We drove from Broadbeach and it is out of the way if you are coming from Brisbane (there's nothing wrong with that). Mark was kind enough to help us with finding our way when we called from a stop over in Mt Tamborine but eventually we got the map on the iphone to work so we had no problems finding the place.

We stayed in Satinish lodge, Mark met us in a golf buggy to take our bags up the gravel hill (He also kindly helped us take our bags to our car on the day when we checked out so to the reviewer below who made a point in saying there was no assistance all you have to do is ask). The lodge is perfect. Kitchen with plates, bowls, dishwasher, coffee plunger, coffee for the plunger, boutique jars of jams and honey, toaster, fridge (which had a jug of cold water in it plus butter, food for the night and breakfast for the morning) cutlery, salt, pepper. There were pots and pans. Mosquito coils if you planned on sitting on the deck at dusk/night. There was tupperware for the left overs, dishtowels, paper towels everything you could think of it was there. There's a fireplace and airconditioning plus ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room. There are 2 large LCD tv's in both the living room and the bedroom and you can borrow movies from the games room.

The bed and the view from the ceiling to floor glass windows made me want to punch something it was that damn perfect. The lodge itself compliments the surroundings. I didn't feel like anything was being obstructed or the lodge took over. It was part of the whole surroundings. The outdoor shower is so sexy and the bathroom is again AMAZING. Heated floors, heated towel rack, big spa, rain head shower.

There are walking tracks on the property which we did (plus we also did a day trip to Springbrook National Park and Purlingbrook Falls where there are more walking tracks), There is also glow worms at night. It's so so so so so unbelievable. I can't fault this place other than I wish I had so much money I could buy Satinish and just live there myself but because I can't do that I will just accept the fact that I have to return again. :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank filogirl
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed here for a romantic weekend away and it was just perfect. The owners are lovely and the place had all those finishing touches that made you feel at home. I got the feeling that for the owners, it was less about money making and more about ensuring you had a great time. They thought of everything down to insect repellant for your walking boots. My partner was also very happy with the extensive bluray dvd collection! For me, sitting in the spa with a bottle of wine, rainforest view and candles everywhere was just perfection. Would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We booked the creekside cabin which is the 'smaller' of the cabins - it was still huge. Any...