Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 157
Hotels.comUSD 92
eDreamsUSD 157
TravelocityUSD 92
CheapTicketsUSD 92
Orbitz.comUSD 92
1,001 results
All reviews siam chalet sundowner restaurant beach front plenty of sunbeds beach bag monitor lizards shops restaurants spent two weeks egg station andaman sea relaxing holiday lovely beach bang niang villa thai pools resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This is a luxury and enchanting place .
Although te rain season was not really over we could really enjoy the tropical surroundings and the excellent service .
If you like quiet and peace come here to relax and be spoiled.
Mieke De Weerdt. Belgium.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank miekefortlapin
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We stayed at the Laguna Resort for 2weeks at the end of Aug/early Sept and booked 2 Siam Chalet rooms and on arrival was greeted with cold towels and a fruit cocktail whilst being checked in. We were allocated rooms 422/423 which were 1st floor in a block with only the two rooms on the 1st floor so felt quite private. We had a double and a twin for our children and the rooms were interconnecting which was ideal. Rooms are very spacious, largest i think we have ever stayed in at a hotel. The balcony overlooked one of the ponds with palm trees all around. No need to bring much with you as the hotel provided shower gel/shampoo/soap/razors/toothbrushes/combs/torch/beach bag/beach towels/normal towels/kimonos/bath robes/hair dryer/2x 500ml bottles of water per day and two umbrellas per room. The housekeepers kept the rooms spotlessly clean and even folded our clothes if we left them lying around.
The resort is not huge so its only a short walk to reception/the oriental restaurant/sundowners/pool or the beach. There are quite a few steps especially up to reception and the oriental restaurant where breakfast is served so bear this in mind if your not so mobile. For us we liked the way the different areas were set out on different levels.
Breakfast in the oriental restaurant each morning was simply fantastic, huge choice including pastries/bread/toast/banana pancakes/pancakes/waffles/fruit juice/tea/coffee/water/cereal/yogurt/fruit/often rice or noodles/fried chicken/sausage/bacon/egg station making any kind of egg inc.omlettes/salad and fresh fruits..
Sundowners restaurant offers snacks for lunch, we had portion of chips a few days and burger and chips on one occasion which i dont think was overpriced and very tasty. We ate at Sundowners one evening and watched the sunset with a table right by the beach and it was lovely meal. I would say deserts were overpriced as they were the same price as the mains.
The swimming pools were really nice and so warm even in what is supposed to be low season(though we were lucky with the weather having first 2 days of heavy downpours then nothing for 10days), the gym is well equipped and air conditioned. My wife enjoyed a couple of activities at the hobby hut and we both enjoyed the Thai Chi lesson. bikes are available to borrow free of charge which we used to cycle to a couple of the local waterfalls.
The best part about this resort though is the staff, they are all just so friendly and helpful, and we felt really welcome and found our stay to be so relaxing!

Khao Lak is a very quiet resort at this time of year which suited us perfectly, the local restaurants and bars and very nice and felt extremely safe walking about at night either along the main road or along the beach.

Thankyou to all the staff at the Laguna Resort for making our stay so enjouable, we would not hesitate to return!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We stayed at Khaolak Laguna Resort for two weeks during the last two weeks of UK school holiday. The first time for all of us in Khaolak, Phang Nga; but the first time for my kid, for a holiday in Thailand.

We arrived at Phuket International Airport late at night. Our airport transferred was ready for us and arrived at the hotel around 10:00 pm-ish. Hotel staff welcomed us with very nice Thai refreshment drinks and refreshment towels. Our suitcases were also taken to our room whilst we dealt the checking in process.

I’ve booked Siam Chalet (as it is a big room and we wanted an extra bed). The room that was chosen for us has a very nice garden and pond view, and very close to the beach (less than a couple of minutes’ walk). It is on the ground floor, basically, the patio is lead to the garden and pond. It is lovely, we sat there each morning for a cup of tea and read. Very peaceful. Besides it is very close to the beach, it is also very close to Sundowner restaurant, Chiva Spa, Swimming pool, The Oriental restaurant, Hobbies Hut etc.

Staff at the resort are also very lovely, polite, friendly and very helpful. The housekeepers were so good and made sure our room clean and tidy every day and made sure that we never short of any essential toiletries (also included toothbrushes and razors), beach towels, pool kimonos, and a minibar filled every day. Free 3 bottles of 500 ml drinking water also provided every day.

Minibar consisted of; beers (I think about 4-6 cans in total with Sangha, Chang, and Heineken). Fizzy drinks of Fanta and Coca-Cola, 2 small cartons of fruit juices, water and a couple of big bottle of Evian. This will have included for the all-inclusive package, but if you are not a heavy alcohol drinker like us it is definitely not worth it. We drinking mainly water, so the complimentary water is good and enough for us.
Each room also provided you with an umbrella (you can ask for more than one), beach bag, flip flops, and a torchlight. Oh, and a cloth rack dryer, this is at your room patio/balcony.

Resort gardeners; seem to very enjoy their work and dedicate to their work very much even in a very hot weather, which I would say I won’t be able to do that even in a cooler weather. The ponds are so clean and no Alge. The small animals in the ponds are being looked after. We saw monitor lizards and some small turtles. It’s a very tranquil place.

The restaurant staffs are also very friendly and happy to help, and very nice to have a small talk with them. Always smile and look happy. The receptionists are also very helpful and happy to help.

On one occasion; my family members who live in Thailand, and we don’t see each other often. My aunts who live in Phuket and Chiang Rai came for a visit. They stayed at a hotel nearby and stopped by to see us. Both my aunts came to the resort without notice as I was out at the beach without my mobile phone. So, they asked the reception for an assistant. As my aunts only know my first name and nothing else and couldn’t get through to me via mobile, incredibly the receptionist at the resort does her best to contact my husband and to notify me that my aunts waited for me at the reception area.

We had breakfast at The Oriental restaurant every morning, various selection of food. The egg station was my husband and my kid’s favorite. Anyway, the selection of breakfast also included a few Thai dishes and Thai tradition tea and coffee. There are fresh fruits, selections of ham, eggs of your choice, waffles, pastries, sausages, potatoes, Thai dishes, noodle station, breakfast cereals, fresh fruit juices served in a small bottle and tap, soya milk serve in a small bottle, selection of tea and fresh coffee etc. I’m sure there are a bit more, but I usually went for a few things I like and pretty much the same things every day.

We had lunch dinner at Sundowner restaurant a few times, on our lazy days. The foods were good but it is a bit overpriced compare to the restaurants outside. In the end, it is your choice, and we chose to do that on our lazy days. However, it’s worth having dinner there once, at least whilst you are there as the view is very beautiful.
We tried the foods from Room Service (Pinto menu) for a few times, also. The foods were actually quite good; I think they are from the same kitchen at The Sundowner restaurant. The selections of foods on the menu are not many, but it is okay when you are too tired to go outside after a long day tour. It’s the price you pay for the convenience.

As it was a low season; some days we’ve got the pool to ourselves, which was brilliant! The swimming pool is open between 07:00 am – 07:00 pm. It is bigger than I thought and has such a nice view. There is also a Jacuzzi pool, kid pool etc., the deepest area is 160cm in dept. Plenty of beach bed around the pool and the deck along the beach. I personally think it’s good staying during the low season, but I don’t think I would like to be there during high season as I can’t imagine how busy and crowded would be in this resort. Well, that’s just my opinion.

Chiva Spa is really nice for a wind down after several tours around Phang Nga. I had an Ayodhya Package and to be fair it was quite good! I think it was a Thai traditional massage with pressured points combined with gentle muscle stretches to release tension by using the warm Thai herbal compression ball. My husband had aromatherapy massage and my kid had the coconut oil massage. My kid really loved the coconut oil massage. Staff at Chiva Spa are also friendly and nice.

There are a few activities that provided by the resort; my husband and kid tried Thai Boxing a few times as they both enjoyed it so much. We planned to try the cycle tour but unfortunately did not have enough time for it, so maybe next time we can do this.

On the day of departure; we left very early around 4:00 am-ish, as we have to catch our early flight in Phuket back to England. There were breakfast boxes for all three of us, which was a nice idea. Each box contained a croissant, two oranges, a small carton of milk and a small carton of fruit juice. However, I think a bit of ham and cheese for a croissant sandwich would be nice. :)

Overall, we had a fantastic time at Khaolak Laguna Resort. We all so happy and enjoyed our stay there, especially my kid who really like Thailand now and wants to visit again next year, and specifically told me that for next Thailand holiday we shall stay at this resort again.

Thank you to all the staffs at Khaolak Laguna Resort for all your hard work and always made sure that we were looked after. You are Stars! :)

Room tip: Siam Chalet room is big and good too, choose the one around the ponds, some can also get a sea view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Peach K
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We were here in August and occupancy was very low, which was a godsend for getting a lounger and actually being able to move in the pools, which were very warm. I would not want to be here during the busier times. We only ate one meal here and it was good, the breakfasts were varied and provided both Thai (which was very good) and the standard Western fare.
We had a beachside villa and would not recommend this. The Seawall is only about 10 metres from the front door and when the tide is coming in, the noise is LOUD. I didn't sleep well for any of the 4 nights we were there.
The best thing is the cocktail bar directly opposite, over the road. Fabulous cocktails for BHT99. Overall, it's a nice resort but if you want something a bit better than average, you need to look further than this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank miricallister
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We stay this hotel for 6 days. There is no variety of food for breakfast, we had almost same food everday. There is a lot of steps, if you have bad knee don't book this hotel. The hotel is on the beach with nice swimming pool and it is quite a nice hotel but we did not like it. At night there is outside dog coming inside the hotel premises, just be careful. Dog nearly bite us, we complain twice but management said they have informed the government to remove the dog but we don't know if the dog are still their. The upstairs room have only one curtain and we can see inside other room when it is open. There is no privacy in the upstairs room. We have mentioned this to the hotel and we just hope they will do something for this. The setting of the hotel is 4 star but improvement is required for food, safety of tourists, more privacy in room and staff should know more english.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple