See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

We really wanted to stay in the park, and Hotel Do Ype looked great on the internet. Unfortunately it was not possible to book online and the english version of the website did not work.
Luckily it was the end of high season so they had plenty of room... Or I must say - unfortunately it was the end of high season and it was very quiet. There we hardly any orher guests, which meant that the buffer they serve did not have sufficient turnaround of the dishes and we saw the same - half eaten desserts came by during lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch and dinner again!!
And we have no idea how many it had been out before we arrived.

Needless to say our bodies didn't agree with the not so freshness of the food and we were sick for 2 days during our holiday...
Never go there during off season!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Perfect location for hiking, birds watching and visit of waterfalls in the National Park and nice view of surrounding areas, but service quality of restaurant did not match our expectations and its high price level.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank David S
Reviewed 19 December 2015

The hotel is located in the National Park and is a great location for birding. The accommodations are very nice individual chalets. Ours had a sitting room then a short hallway to the main room which was a combination bedroom/sitting room complete with functional fireplace and large screen TV. Off of the bedroom was a small deck overlooking the property. The en suite bathroom has a shower and plenty of hot water. All of the meals were buffet style and featured a wide variety of entrees, side dishes, salads, deserts. The variety changed all of the time. They have an adequate wine list that is very reasonable in price. Almost all of the wines come from Chile or Argentina. We were there on a birding trip and the lodge was an excellent place to start out. They have a series of feeders off of the dinning area that attract a wide variety of hummingbirds and well as tanagers, finches and sparrows. We saw over 40 species on the hotel grounds. The road leading to the hotel is a great place to bird as well Our 4 day total while there was over 150 species . I highly recommend this hotel, however it is not a place that would be suitable for someone with mobility problems The vast majority of the chalets are located in several tiers on a hillside with rather steep stairs leading to them

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Art H
Reviewed 30 April 2015

This lovely little hotel is in the middel of the Atlantic forrest with a beautiful view and an amazing sound of the forrest waking up in the early hours. It's perfect located for hiking tours in the area and for birding. The staff only speaks very little English, but the service is very good and they really try to make you feel comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Schnuchten
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Back in 2012, I reviewed this hotel for TripAdvisor, along with a number of other reviews that all disappeared. So I am doing it again. I heartily recommend this hotel. I was part of a birding group and this lodge was excellent. The "houses" reminded me of what one can see in photos of Switzerland. The rooms were very clean, very comfortable, and the bed was as well. The restaurant was superb, and very very handsome with its wood work. Edging the restaurant is a balcony from which hang many bird feeders. It was hard to know where to look. The view from anywhere you stay is stunning. I would go back in a heartbeat. As I mentioned, I was there in 2012. The item below that asks when did you travel does not permit earlier than 2014.

Room Tip: If possible get a room that faces the valley, although to be honest, I'd be surprised if they don't all face some part of a mountain.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends