Open today: 12:00 am - 11:30 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$181.86
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience white desert travel
from AU$181.86
from AU$352.94
from AU$334.44
from AU$181.86
More Info
All reviews unique experience white desert day tour his team crystal mountain amazing tour bedouin guide safari camp great trip my favorite part power bank whole group a lot of fun thank you so much couldn t sand dunes sand boarding
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2024

The White Desert itself is a very nice place, so it's worth going. However, there is a problem with this tour company staff. After you book this tour, please confirm the reservation details to the tour company staff who contact you by WhatsApp.

I booked a private one-day tour through Viator, but due to a mistake of the tour company, I was put on a two-day desert camp group tour.

I got explanation of tour introduction at safari camp, after driving 5 hrs from Cairo. Then I found they merge me to different tour. I talked with the tour staff about this trouble, and they arranged car for the return trip when the group plans for the first day were over. There was no choice. I arrived at Cairo 3 am.
I am grateful that the driver who drove midnight. And all staff at Safari camp were good.
Since the process is different for 1 day tours and overnight tours, I couldn't visit to Baharia Oasis. It's so sad.

When I complained about this through Viator, tour agent changed my Viator reservation status to "canceled" to make me don't leave review. I'm really discouraged about this dishonest and impolite response. Please note any low review are hidden by such a underhanded.
The White Desert and drivers are rated ★★★★★, but the company staff is not.

Date of experience: March 2024
whitedeserttravel, General Manager at white desert travel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2024

Hello dear, have a nice day, please you forgot to tell us that we call you when you arrived our hotel and asked you to go the white desert alone and back to the same day but you choose to go with the group, and you did the exactly tour and come back with private car and after you finish the tour you asked us for full refund that's not fair to do everything and you are satisfied from our drivers and services then give us 2** any way thanks for your review and you are welcome in any time you decide to come back to the white desert

Reviewed 5 May 2024 via mobile

Nice, beautiful and adventurous tour. Night in the desert under the stars was extraordinary. The guide was very kind and showed us a lot of places. I recommend!

Reviewed 5 May 2024

The trip was well-planned with a lot of activities on the itinerary. Had a good time and would highly recommend . Drivers were friendly and professional.

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 29 April 2024

Owing to change in circumstance, I was unable to take a two day tour, and instead opted for a one day tour. Communication with Amir was simply excellent, and arranging for pick up in Nasser City so straightforward.

The one day was a long day - in total collected at 0600 and returned at 0100. I really wished I had been able to stretch the time and made it a two day trip, but there we are.

As for the trip - in summary:

Journey out/back - safe driver on desert roads; never felt anxious. I have lived and worked in Egypt, and as a UK person, can be twitchy about these journeys.

Meals provided - basic and nutritious; but, not the highest standard of Egyptian cuisine. I was not there for a food tour, and no one complained. In review, it was all okay.

Black Desert - extraordinary, but do your own research prior to getting there. Sites have no interpretation, and the tour guides are drivers. If you want to enjoy the views, it is enough, if you want more information then prepare.

White Desert - again an incredible landscape, and the 4x4 Safari through it was a memory of adventure. The whole experience of rocking about in the jeep, travelling with others through sand fields, the horizon and the landscapes was simply superb!

WAS IT VALUE FOR MONEY - yes! Pricey, but the value was there to be seen
WOULD I GO AGAIN - absolutely, I will. Next time, I will aim to camp over on the 2 Day Trip

Date of experience: April 2024
Reviewed 27 April 2024 via mobile

The price I paid is a little bit high. Other people from the same group were paying about 60usd only from other app.

While the trip was splendid worthwhile a long bus drive. The desert was really amazing. Our jeep drivers were very helpful and made delicious meals. The stary night were really an unforgetable exprience. Please do bring some more clothes since the night was freezing...

Another thing to be mentioned is the transfer back to city. On the booking page it is indicated clearly that we should be send back to each's hotel. While in fact we had been dropped only some place of nowhere near Giza Pyramid abbandoned and everyone had to call taxi.