“A perfect haven for exploring the Isle of Harris”
other travellers have booked this property
Moorfield - sitting at the head of the Rodel Valley
Moorfield - private and secluded with plenty of parking Miles of secluded sandy beaches - this is Luskentyre
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Moorfield - sitting at the head of the Rodel Valley
Moorfield - private and secluded with plenty of parking
Miles of secluded sandy beaches - this is Luskentyre
The living room - picture window and additional double sofa bed
Roomy shower room with plenty of towels for all guests
Comfy king size bed
Well equipped kitchen with proper coffee and tea provided for all guests and a fresh baked loaf!
The bottom tip of Harris - Moorfield just over the brow of the hill in the middle distance.
Gorgeous sunsets over looking the Atlantic
Peace and tranquility
Stornoway looking moody
Luskentyre looking spectacular
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jacqui D
“A perfect haven for exploring the Isle of Harris”
Reviewed 10 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Jacqui Dunbar
· about a minute ago
I've just returned from the most incredible trip to Harris and Lewis and Moorfield Cottage was the perfect base and haven for our adventures. Annie and Rob have thought of everything you might need (and even more than that!)

The cottage is superbly equipped and they kindly leave a range of products to get you started. Thank you, it was really appreciated! The beautiful decor brings the colours of these islands indoors to create a charming, calm and cosy home from home with lots of lovely little touches...like the local handmade soaps, the little blue cafetière for your morning coffee and a selection of Annie's beautiful handcrafted Tweed products for purchase too. There's some fantastic books, maps and guides in the sitting room if you need a hand with what you want to do whilst there. Rob was a lovely host, offering a friendly hello and answering any questions we had. The sense of peace and solitude that the cottage offers is wonderful however you are only a few minutes drive from Leverburgh (well worth a visit to the community shop!) and a few seconds from Rodel...another area worth exploring!

The cottage is perfectly located for exploring the length and breadth of Harris and we certainly did! It's worth taking a wander up the hill behind the cottage for fantastic views over St Clement's Church in Rodel and on a clear day right over to Skye on the South and Leverburgh on the North. It really is a fabulous place and I look forward to another visit at some point in the future. In the meantime I will keep editing the 1000+ photographs that I took during this trip.

Your age range 35-49
10 Apr 2017
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and blown away by your lovely comments.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We have always tried to provide the kind of environment that we would choose to stay in when we are on holiday ourselves and it's great to see that it's working.
Thanks for letting us know and hopefully we'll welcome you to Moorfield another time.
Nikki A
“Harris Holiday”
Reviewed 25 March 2017 for a stay in August 2016

We were a little concerned that the accommodation would be too small for a family of 4. On arrival Annie,Rob and Toby were warm and welcoming. The accommodation was spotless and the Living room, kitchen and bathroom was plenty big enough for us all. The bed settees was comfortable and the kitchen was well stocked with enough cutlery and plates for at least 6 people. Mychildren still talk about Toby and the beautiful beaches and we will be going back as soon as we have saved up. I would highly recommend this as family accommodation.

26 Mar 2017
Thank you for your lovely review.
If you don;t mind I will show this review to other families who make inquiries about Moorfield.
I think when people see that it is a 1 bedroom property they may get concerned that it won't be big enough for a family.
Thank you for sharing your experience of your family holiday with us in Moorfield.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic location! Excellent accommodation! Amazing scenery!”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Annie and Robs holiday home is first class and fully equipped in a great part of the island. Stunning beach at Luskentyre just a 20 minute drive and the beautiful St Clement church on the doorstep, amazing scenery everywhere. Thanks to Annie and Rob for their welcome and help during our stay, and also a special mention for the homemade bread {scrummy) We really did have a brilliant five days in this most beautiful part of Scotland. Jake and Lorna Togneri

21 Feb 2017
Thanks both,
So pleased that you had a brilliant time here and thanks for thinking that Moorfield is first class!
Robert P
“Very comfortable bed”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Arrived quite late and went to the door of the owners house but they just said it was too late and sent me on my way.
I knew where the holiday cottage was so I went and let myself in. It was dark January night but at least they'd had the heating on for a couple of hours so it was all nice and cosy.

Finally got myself settled down for the night. I must say the bed was exceptionally comfortable and the pillows were divine. A little too god for me, I thought, but I soon dropped off to sleep.

I was disappointed with the kitchen. There was nothing ready for me to eat despite me having a good look around on all the units, which were quite high given my height. I'm not small by any means but I still had to stand on the base units to check out if there was anything on the window sill.
I was unable to even get into the living room though looking through the glass in the door I was able to see plenty of room for me to stretch out on one of two sofas.

I didn't use the shower or the toilet as I prefer to use the garden or sometimes have a quick dip in the stream.

When the owners came in the morning they did make a bit of a fuss that I had been there at all and complained that I had made the bed dirty. In my defense I only slept on a very small part of the bed and only got mud on one of the pillows. I'm not sure why they got so stroppy with me as I had made it very clear to them the night before that I was perfectly happy sleeping on their sofa but they insisted that it wasn't to be.

I would recommend Moorfield for a short break. The owners are usually really nice people and their dog is very friendly which is why I like to pop back quite frequently even when their gate is closed I am happy to jump over it.
I would recommend they keep their doors locked from now on as I'm quite clever and can let myself in most places around the village.

Also, I would have washed the bedding but it clearly states on the washing gel they provide that it's to be kept away from small children and animals.

Yours,

Dan The Collie From The Next Village.

Your age range 50-64
25 Jan 2017
Get down, Don!
SLG79
Scotland
“Cosy winter hideaway”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed here over New Year and the weather was pretty dire. It was a lovely cosy house though with everything we needed and the owners were extremely helpful and friendly. They even knocked on the door to let us know that the Northern Lights were giving a display. The house is well situated in South Harris, a short drive from some stunning beaches and 2mile from Leverburgh. Just be aware that in winter everything closes (we couldn't even find a cafe open) but the local shop is great and sells everything. A very relaxing stay.

5 Jan 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
We're glad you had a relaxing stay with us with the bonus of getting to see The Northern Lights as the year clicked across into 2017.
I suppose part of the adventure of being here in the winter is the lack of facilities like cafes but we are lucky to have the local shop just a few minutes away which really does sell everything.
Maybe we'll see you back as a summer visitor soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing