“One hour wait for a burger!!”

Claret Jug at Oulton Hall
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Oulton
Price range: USD 13 - USD 25
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Claret Jug is our golf clubhouse restaurant. Overlooking the course, there are spectacular views and food to match. The Claret Jug is a marvellous informal restaurant. It's perfect for a cup of morning coffee or classic meals cooked with contemporary flair. Golfers drop in for a drink and a meal after their round and guests are equally drawn from the hotel by the dishes on offer and the spectacular views over the course.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went last night to watch the Champions League whilst staying over at the hotel. I ordered a burger at 7.35 before the match kicked off, and didn't get it until almost 8.40! The restaurant wasn't very busy and there were others who were served before me, even when I had ordered much before... The chef's had clearly forgotten my order. However I had to ask twice to get an update and also after making a point of how ridiculously slow it was, they offered me a free half pint for the delay, didn't get the impression the restaurant manager was that bothered. Food wasn't bad, I had the beetroot burger... But the wait definitely took the gloss off the evening.

Next time I'll be ordering room service or taking a drive somewhere else.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We stayed at Oulton Hall and had two breakfasts, one evening meal and another evening meal in the bar lounge. The three of us all enjoyed the restaurant, very good service and lovely food.....good portions for the cooked breakfasts. Our meal in the Bar lounge was exceptional for the huge portions they serve - all the food was great and the restaurant seating was spacious enough not to feel 'crowded'......the bar seating was my favourite because of the lovely large/comfy settee/sofa seating which made it very relaxing.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank sjch2015
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Wiw, stunning restaurant/bar and outstanding friendly staff.
Unfortunately there were no tables for us to eat whilst staying over night at Oulton Hall :( but I will definitely revisit next year.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Nice cosy bar and atmosphere, great tv on the wall to watch , staff extremely helpful and polite , food very tasty, good size portions and good price , would definitely recommend it

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I use to come here regular when it was a Devere Hotel and loved the place. Even looked at booking our wedding here. Came here for a golf weekend with friends and unfortunately under Q hotel ownership this place has major gone down the pan. The claret jug was a great alternative to the main restaurant, it's now a free for all buffet. The bar service is slow to say the least, consistently running out of beer and glasses. The rooms are looking dated and wrote "clean me" in the mildew on the bathroom ceiling. Such a shame...

Date of visit: October 2017