“Unique Value is an Understatement-Best...”
Sleeping Area Living & sleeping
Pool Bar
Sunset at Stoneyhill
Dining alfresco
Cool out spot
Pathway from cottages to pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
fitzmary
Plano, Texas
“Unique Value is an Understatement-Best StayExperience on the Island”
Reviewed 27 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Three well-appointed "bungalows" clustered together (but much privacy due to clever landscaping by owners Karol and Merve) with huge verandas, full kitchen, every piece of furniture chosen with ample storage in mind, wonderfully comfortable bed. The spectacular blue water ocean/beach views override the fact that you are two miles from the closest beach. Deep pool; this area is where visitors tend to gather in the evenings. Property is such that you can socialize or be a hermit, or any version in between. Karol and Merve, your hosts who reside on site/below the bungalows and common areas, are a large part of the integral fabric of your experience....if by some miracle they have not anticipated yours needs or interests, you only have to mention a passing interest and they are front and center with help/options/discounts/concern. I have been to 23 countries/islands + 235 cities and I have never before experienced this level of personalized genuine "customer delight". I selected this property for some alone time but fate had other plans for me in the form of a rental car that "attacked" me on day 2 of an 8 day stay that "grounded" me on property for the duration.I rediscovered the kindness of strangers in the form of two couples from the adjacent bungalows, two Canadians, two Scots, and our hosts, one a Brit, and one a Jamaican. Rapidly I learned this is a charmed property that attracts generous like-minded fascinating travelers. All jumped to my aid. Likely, you may want a car. Or like the Scots in bungalow no. 1, you can walk two miles and catch a bus. Closest grocery is 2 miles and be prepared for it being pricey because it is at the marina. When using ATMs, select "Savings" instead of checking if you actually want money! Recommend the all day catamaran trip; Karol will set up the best one for you.I vote for my view from bungalow 3; the Canadians preferred their pool view from bungalow 2. After talking to people who stayed at other venues, I am totally convinced I lucked out when I chose this property...hands down. No contest. Did I mention that Karol has you picked up and returned to the airport?!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hosts. View. Guests.
Liked least: Cleverboy Benjamin Car Rental
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Brenda A
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“wow”
Reviewed 30 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We read all the previous reviews and these studios surpassed our expectaions. The studios are airy, well furnished and have views to die for. Everthing is very well maintained. Loved Antigua and the people.Thank you Karol and Merve for a truly wonderful stay that we will always remember. Brenda and Mick

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ShaeWhite
Dallas, Texas
“Couldn't have found a better place to stay!!”
Reviewed 16 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

I know this review won't do this place justice but I'm going to try my best.

This place is truly a jewel in paradise. The villas are amazing! Incredible views, spacious, just lovely!! Karol and Merve are exceptional hosts; they provided us with a local cell for emergency uses and even invited us to a little BBQ get-together of their friends! They made our vacation in Antigua the BEST vacation I've ever had (and I've been and stayed in my fair share of places!!). We rented a Jeep and tooled around the island on our own and had the time of our lives, coming and going as we please. We visited the local grocery store to stock up on sandwich fixings so we could have lunches on our own gorgeous wrap-around patio with ocean views and then relax for a bit in the hammock.

We just didn't get enough. We would love to return to Antigua and when we do, we will definitely be staying with Karol and Merve again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The enormous space of the villa and balcony!
Liked least: The a/c, though it was cool enough at night with the windows open and ceiling fan going. Though we had it great compared to others travelers we met and their cooling problems at big resorts!!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Rebekka K
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“Perfect door to Antigua”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Great hospitality, close to so many great beaches, super clean, lots of tips on local food, own hammock and deck... Lovely home from which to explore the island

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
sandievee
“Amazing, Heavenly, a burst of paradise”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

A great place, an unexpected and surprising find, set in a tropical garden with breath taking views of turquoise waters, white sands and the blaze of colours left by a rainbow after a downpour of rainy showers.

Karol and Merv were exceptional hosts who spent time making us feel at home. Nothing was ever a problem their hospitality was thoughtful and honest. This stay opened our eyes to the wondrous beauty of the island and it's tranquillity. As for Stoneyhill cottages, this proved to be a panacea for relaxation and left us wanting more. Thank you Karol and Merv for a memorable time. We'll be back. See you soon.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing