Review Highlights
Phi Phi island and Surin island tours

We took 2 different day trips through Seastar, Phi phi island and Surin island. On arrival for both... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
KSibb
Sydney, Australia
Excellent!!!

Went on a Phi Phi Island tour. Sea star is extremely well organised from start to finish. You... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Helena M
via mobile

All reviews sea star day trip phi phi island tour guide maya bay the reefs premium service james bond island snorkeling equipment captain jack sparrow fruit sea sick pills buffet style sea gypsies toast viking cave beautiful fish
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We booked this with Mr. Long, PCC Adventure in Khao lak.
The mini bus picked us up at 7.20 am.
after a few more pick ups. We arrived at Phuket Marina.
It was a bit manic, as a lot of different tours going at the same time. You are given a coloured wrist band. When your colour is called you follow your guide to you speed boat.
You get driven around some islands , taken to James Bond island. Get off and walk around. Then taken to get in a canoe( from the back of the boat!) look at the caves.
Lunch is at Panyi island, the floating village. so many boats coming and going.
Last stop is Khai island to swim and snorkel. Lovely fish to see, but watch out for the anemones.
Soft drinks and pineapple are free from the company table.
Beer is 150 baht for a small bottle!
The toilets on the island cost 20 baht a go (Approx 45p !)
We changed in the free toilets back at the Marina.
No sand on the boat. Best to wear flip flops or wet suit shoes.
Plenty of free water or cola on the boat.
You are well looked after. Just follow their rules. There our for safety.
Great trip ,but tiring .
Well worth the trip a must see.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We did 3 tours with them (PhiPhi, James Bond and Similan) mainly because they allowed my mom who is in a wheelchair to come on this tour.
We had trouble finding information if wheelchair users were able to go on a tour to those places. My mom asked a tour organizer on Facebook if she was able to go on a tour like that and Sea Star Let her on the tour.
The first tour we did was to the phi phi Island. It was a premium tour so the pier was really nice and the boat was fast.
We were about 25/30 people on the boat and it wasn't full. There was enough space for everyone which was really good.
My boyfriend carried my mom onto the boat and the staff was really helpful too, even when my boyfriend and I were busy snorkeling and it was time to go on the boat the staff had already carried my mom back on the boat. The staff was super nice and always asked if everything was ok.

This trip was my favorite of all three. The atmosphere on the boat was great, the people were nice and the food provided was delicious.

The next trip was to James Bond Island which was a good trip but not as good as the Phi Phi Island tour. The boat was packed. I think we were about 35 people and it was quite uncomfortable sitting so near next to the other.
Again the staff was super helpful.
The third trip to Similan Island was great because this time my mom went into the water as well. When we stopped at the first snorkel spot my boyfriend and the staff helped her into the water and back onto the boat. They gave her a life jacket and a life belt.

Whenever my mom stayed on the boat when the stop was only for a little while the staff came and brought her fruit and water.

Again I'm really glad that we were able to do these tours and see these amazing places although my mom is a wheelchair user.
Thank you for the amazing experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We did James Bond island tour with sea star on 24 March . Properly organised, punctual pick up & drop service. Informative pre tour talk
Well Maintained speed boat. Skilled captain , did not feel uncomfortable or bumpy ride at all even in rough sea.
Crew was professional especially tour guide Koko, very knowledgable & jovial person.
Limited persons in one speed boat ( around 30 persons) so was quite comfortable , no crampy feeling.
Overall very nicely organised tour only blemish was panyee island lunch. Would request sea star to change panyee island lunch location
Rest everything was fantastic
Will surely recommend

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We chose the company for a 1 day tour to similan islands from Khao Lak. Pick up was in time and brought us the the company owned pier. This was a assembly points for tourists from all over the region. People were then packed on boats and brought to the islands. Due to the vast number of tourists (mainly Chinese) the beach wasn’t even visible. Chinese left a lot of rubbish at the beaches. Not a very enjoyable journey, even though the islands must be one of the most beautiful spots on earth. Not for long, if mass tourism goes in like that for the enrichment of a few. However we had a super german speaking guide/translator we would recommend to everybody. Without him, the trip would have been a Desaster!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Everything in high level. Very nice and friendly stuff, tasty food (made on boat), good snorkeling places (many turtles seen).