4,746 results
All reviews gold floor luana lounge brown's deli hale kai spa without walls president's club north tower fairmont orchid brown's beach house the big island sea turtles fish sushi restaurant golf course our honeymoon garden view paddle boards
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is my 2nd time at this hotel. Hotel is in good location and kid friendly. Rooms are a good size. Bathrooms need updating and also repair. Staff was very nice, but if you have stayed at other Farimont resorts such as Fairmont Del Mar, the professionalism and level of service isn't the same. Breakfast buffet was a gong-show. The food is good, but it's getting seated that is the problem. I stood there for 20 minutes waiting for a table (which is fine) along with about 20 other people and yet there were 5 tables sitting empty in one section alone. I took a look at other sections and a similar thing. This happened 5 days in a row. The manager was hastily cleaning tables, but then they sat empty while people waited. Anyway, finished my breakfast and still tables were empty in my section (photos attached). I thought the buffet line must have died down. Nope, it was worse than before and clearly people were getting frustrated because they could see the same thing I saw. Staff seemed rushed and confused. Clearly a more efficient seating process needs to be implemented.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SapphireBC
TheFairmontOrchid, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations however, please do accept our apologies for your breakfast experience, as that is certainly not the impression we would like for you to have had. We will share your comments with the leadership team in the hopes of improving our offerings in the future. Mahalo again for your review.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Just a fantastic property with a private beach that is great for snorkeling with kids. The mornings were beautiful and tranquil with lovely walks around this huge property. Went with my 2 toddlers and they loved it!!

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank ShreyasM

Aloha Shreyas,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, please visit us again soon!

Mahalo!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is a great resort to bring your family too, the staff was amazing and very helpful! This would also be a wonderful place for a a couple get away too! Rooms were big and everything was perfect everywhere you looked. I can’t wait to come back!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ray S

Aloha,

Thank you very much for your review, we are looking forward to your return visit soon!

Mahalo.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very nice resort. The rooms are nice and large, beds are very comfortable. The shower in the bathroom was amazing!! Housecleaning does a great job, they even have a turn down service. The Orchid has a text messaging service that you can text and they will answer any question you have. I thought that was great.
Grounds are beautiful. The pool and the lagoon are perfect for younger kids and families. However, our teenage kids were bored. We drove to Hapuna Beach Park a couple miles away and played on that beach all day. My kids like to play in the waves on the beach which this resort does not have. We did find small entertainment by renting bikes (complimentary for President’s Club Members) from the Orchid and riding around the area. That was a lot of fun.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, especially if you just want to relax. If you have older kids and that want to play on the beach you can always drive to another beach.
The only suggestion I have to management would be to have Hawaiian music playing in the background throughout the hotel. It doesn't have to be loud but it would give such a nice ambiance to the hotel. The resort is very laid back and quiet.

Room tip: I don't think there would be a bad room at this resort.
Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank 4Fixs
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a family holiday for 5 nights - it was perfect.
The rooms were very spacious, luxurious and very quiet.
Pool was lovely and the sheltered lagoon was ideal for paddleboarding.
The complimentary shuttle to nearby shops and restaurants was a great benefit.
All meals at this property were outstanding. We will be back

Date of stay: January 2018

Aloha Roberta,

Thank you so very much for your review! We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Mahalo!