“Lunch”

Sandalford Winery - Swan Valley
Book In Advance
USD 198.24*
and up
Darling Ranges, Mundaring Weir, and Swan Valley Trip from Perth by Hummer...
USD 1,335.05*
Private Swan Valley Food and Wine Day Trip from Perth or Fremantle
USD 283.19*
Private Swan Valley Wine Day Trip from Perth
Ranked #3 of 84 things to do in Swan Valley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Venue lovely. Staff very helpful and obliging . However the signature dish was uninspiring and overpriced. Desert was listed as peach cobbler with custard, instead had plum with whipped up cream and presentation was like a museli bar. I commented on this to wait staff and was informed this is how it is served, but please rewording on menu would be good.
Overall food lacking in quality and overpriced will not be returning

There are newer reviews for Sandalford Winery - Swan Valley

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Lovely place and amazing restaurant. Very friendly staff, always smiling ensuring that you get best of service. Wine tasting experience was awesome. Staff spent good time explaining each wine and providing required information. We also had our lunch at the restaurant covered with a canopy of grape trees. Amazing environment to spend your afternoon.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

My mother is visiting from the US so my husband and I thought it would be worthwhile to spend the day in Swan Valley considering the cool summer weather. I have previously bought Sandalford wines (including for Christmas), and thought it would be good to visit the winery.

The parking lot has trees that provide a good amount of shade which is great. We had to walk through the restaurant to find the cellar door. The wines available for tasting are in a menu, and there is a charge for tasting per person based on which brand of the four brands of wine selected. This can be off-set against the purchase price of a wine.

My mom and I were reading through the wine list and were approached three times by three different people asking us if we were ready. The second person offer to go through the wine list, and was incredibly short and uninformative (repeated what was already on the page - which we had read). There was no attempt to try to engage what might suit our tastes or explain what the winery's strengths were. When we were finally settled on what to try, there was nobody to be found to help us.

When someone was available, they quickly went through each wine and dryly noted that we should expect to experience. There was a passion/expertise missing.

When we were done tasting and settled on what wines we liked, we browsed the shop and it is filled with dated, gimmicky merchandise.

The staff seemed uninspired, and the rest of the cellar door felt tired. It was slightly disappointing because I think the wines are decent wines and the grounds are beautiful.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

First I have to say the place is lovely. The staff could not have been more helpful and the wine tasting excellent. However the meal I am afraid was poor especially for a restaurant with such a good reputation. The salmon was over cooked even when it was explained that it was served pink. The signature dish at 80 dollars was frankly not worth 20. However my lamb rump was lovely. I quite word to one of the staff and she apologised and said she knew it was not up to standard as they had had several complains that day so let's just say the chief was having a bad day. The wine was not charged for so a nice gesture. Would we go again, yes as its a nice place and the food cooked correctly would have been fine but but avoid the signature dish unless you know for a fact they have improved it.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

This was quite a nice winery, a little hot for outdoor dining, and the staff were so slow serving we did not have time to receive the dessert that was part of our package. so in all a disappointing visit.