“Don't go! I can't rate this place at all.”

Swan Valley Oasis Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Henley Brook
Toodyay
“Don't go! I can't rate this place at all.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This place is awful. We booked two rooms for the KD Lang concert. When we got back to our rooms post concert, our room smelled strongly of sewage and we had to call someone who proceeded to pour scented cleaner down the trap in the floor of the bathroom. The place was fully booked with no other rooms available. It was so bad I had to go sleep with my sister in-law in her room while my poor husband endured the smell with all windows and door open all night. A huge argument ensued with the Filipino manager as they still wanted to charge us for the room because my husband slept in the bed! She was rude and was swearing at us. The place is a health hazard...... DON'T EVER GO HERE!

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank MsToodyay
meanpeople, Owner at Swan Valley Oasis Resort, responded to this review, 31 December 2011
We are disappointed to see this review because we gave a full refund to this customer with our apologies. There were two issues going on for this guest. The concert was washed out by rain, so they were already disappointed and angry. Then the bio max performed a bodily function and released some odour into the room. Heavy rain can sometimes cause this to happen. We pride ourselves on our "green" credentials using a bio max system instead of a septic so close to the river. The end product of this cycle gives us water to use on the grounds.

We always strive to give good service and endured a lot of abuse from this customer, without "hitting back" We think it is unecessary to mention anyone's ethnic background as this implies a racial slur. This guest's husband was happy to receive the refund and assured us that was the end of the matter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Very poor. Reception was closed all the time. Pool area over grown and pool not cleaned. Run on a cheap budget. For example the intercom system covered in cob webs and ants. Had a great meal at Mash on same site and restaurant looked nice.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Dazzerdutch
We can't really understand the complaints in this review. Reception is always open 8 am to 5 pm. If the receptionist is called away the door will be locked but there is a clear sign on the door to lift the handset to be connected to a staff member, who will come to reception to sort out any enquiries. The same applies to after hours. Lifting the handset will always connect you to a staff member.

As for the pool area, there are some lovely photos of the pool on this site taken around the same time, so I will let them speak for themselves.

If we had a few cobwebs and ants on the intercom, apologies. We will ensure this is checked better in the future, but we are in a rural setting and the animals are always going about their business too.

Travellers are raving about these Henley Brook hotels

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

In the aftermath of the volcano is the flights of QANTAS Sydney has been cancelled. Said its first QANTAS an unfriendly young women from Swan Valley go by bus. I thought it's mistake yourself take a bus to go to the Swan Valley. I think perhaps because Japanese disrespected. Went again different female receptionist. She gave me a two way vouchers for taxis. Back story here places anyway. Cannot not come by car to the neighbouring wineries had much room. These rooms have jacuzzi and was comfortable. Dining at the on-site restaurant was full. Food is delicious and surprising I was surprised. Wonderful cuisine took food here also poached Barramundi sautéed and boiled shrimps with cream sauce.
Authentic used, such as coconut Chicken Curry had a second day. Was convinced that surely making Asian chefs. Staff are so friendly and helpful. What a lovely place such a thanks to cancel flights. We really lucky.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank yuuum
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

I booked into the Oasis as I was doing the Degustation dinner at Dear Friends Restaurant nearby and didn't want to drink drive. The lady who booked me in didn't know where Dear Friends was (its a significant landmark you should know!). I asked for a nice room as it was for my Bday and we ended up on the ground floor facing the carpark - it would have been appreciated to be overlooking the pool or something nicer. The price is pretty steep for what you get - $195 which was just a simple small room with newish furnishings but was nothing special and lacked character. There are no movie chanels just standard tv which is a disappointment too. The spa bath which is what I booked it for, was nice enough for 2. But they turn them off from 11pm because of the noise. The walls are paper thin so you can see why they do that.
The only time I would stay here again is if I was to make a weeknd of it and use the facilities at the resort ie: go to Mash Brewery for lunch, do a round of supa golf or laser tag or something to make it more worthwhile. Otherwise I'd rather stay elsewhere as it was very expensive for what you got.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle80Australia
Cunderdin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

I travelled with our ladies hockey team and we rented 2 chalets for the night . One priced at 460.00 / per night and the other at 370.00 / per night so we thought we were in for a nice place to stay - how wrong were we !! Upon check in there was an issue that we didnt have the receipt of the deposit on us so our Secretary had to go back to the car and get it - wouldnt they have a copy on their system ?

We received a map to the chalets on which included a swimming pool , chess, bocce and animals amongst the settings , looked great . The swimming pool was a concrete hole in the ground not used for swimming and the surroundings was full of weeds . The grass and surrounds at the back of our chalets was very over grown and unkept , and the only animals I seen was 2 emus - why give guests upon arrival a map with all this when it is simply not there !!

The chalets inside themselves were not very clean , dried snot on the bedroom wall , exhaust fan in toilet covered with dust , dead bugs & insects on window sills , floor etc , just to list a few . I got out of the shower and wiped a small amount of water off the floor and my towel was brown - not to sure last time the floor was mopped .

We decided to go back to reception and let them not that we werent happy with the chalet and the price we had paid not cheap 460.00 / per night . Myself and 3 other ladies were taken into the meeting room of the business with the owners , may I say he was the rudest most unpleasant person I had ever dealt with in business.

We POLITELY expressed our concerns and when I mentioned this in comparison to the price you pay in Bali we were then told " Get your cheque and p*** off then " Had this been a viable option for us at 7.30pm we would have more than kindly done that .

We then asked if they would consider reducing their rate as they told us we could change to spa apartments . We were showed 2 of these and they smelt terrible and didnt present to be exceptionally clean either . The pool behind the reception had a green tinge to it and the spa was out of order !!

We checked out early the next morning and upon arrival at reception and the discount was enquired about the managers didnt even have the decency to come and discuss this , they spoke over the phone . So a 60.00 deposit was given off 830.00 and then they tried to charge us an extra 30.00 for linen ??

The staff at the Supa Golf , Laser Corp and Mash Brewey ( all on the grounds ) we fantastic couldnt fault them.

But the SVO , rudest business people I have ever met , very over priced accomodation , unclean rooms , chalets and surroundings it has to be the biggest disapointment in the Swan Valley .

• Stayed April 2011
Midland Tourist Park
#1 of 1 in Middle Swan
6.1 km away
Kellers Bed & Breakfast

Been to Swan Valley Oasis Resort? Share your experiences!