1,481 results
All reviews pineapple house ralph lauren infinity pool semi private pool montego bay private villa the cottages villa staff spa area beach barbecue every morning jamaican night fitness center kids club water sports tennis courts rum punch
Reviewed 4 July 2008

My wife and I went to Round Hill for our honeymoon. We stayed in the Pineapple House and purchased the all-inclusive package. Let me just say WOW!
We arrived on a Monday afternoon and Vincent (a hotel driver) was there at the airport waiting to pick us up. The room was spectacular. It was crisp, clean, and had a wonderful view. The furniture was beautiful, the bathroom was great, and the living area was spacious. The back wall was a set of doors that opened completely up to a deck with a view of the ocean. Everything also closed up so that we could run our air conditioner and fan to stay cool. Dinner was shortly after we got settled in. On Monday they had dinner on the beach. What a great way to start the week off.
There is definitely plenty to do during a stay with the infinity pool, beach front (smaller than some resorts, but still very nice and more than enough for the resort), sea kayaks, snorkeling (go in the morning for better views), sailing, etc. If you are willing to pay a bit or have it part of your package you can go out in the motor boat to fish, water ski, etc. You can visit the spa or you can also go on many different trips into town, to waterfalls, to go rafting, to go horse back riding, etc.
Probably our favorite part of the trip was just relaxing on the beach or near the pool. Just being at the resort is what made the trip wonderful. Round Hill is a relaxing place that is good for honeymooners, couples wanting to get away, and families. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank max-olive
Reviewed 17 June 2008

My fiance and I just returned from a wonderful 8-night stay at Round Hill, one of the most relaxing places we have ever been.

Our room was on the second floor of the Pineapple House. It had both a ceiling fan and air conditioning. We fortunately did not have any problems with bugs as some of the previous reviewers mentioned. We found the rooms very spacious, light, breezy & tastefully decorated (white walls with mahagony bed). Every morning, we opened our shutters to the most tranquil and mesmerizing view of the blue water.

The grounds were very lush and the gardens are beautiful.

We planned our visit in May - technically, the summer season. Although there was a wedding party at the hotel, it was by no means crowded. There was a mix of couples and young families (most kids under the age of 5). I didn't have any problems with the noise from the children at the pool area, although I could understand if the hotel was full that might be a problem. The weather was excellent. Beautiful clear skies in the mornings, very warm but not oppressive. Four out of eight afternoons there were some clouds and rainshowers, but they only lasted for a few hours.

The hotel staff (and the Jamaicans in general) were the most welcoming and generous people. Especially coming from NYC! I found that they were very accomodating and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.

The spa area is beautiful. It's a short walk down the beach from the main resort and opens into a great lawn that stretches out towards the beach. In addition to the spa, there is a small wading pool and an exercise room. I surprised my fiancé with a "spa lunch" on the lawn one afternoon after a couples message. It is well worth it if you are celebrating a special occasion, but otherwise might be a bit pricey. We had two deep tissue massages and tried both the Yoga and the complimentary stretching class.

In terms of activities, we enjoyed tennis, snorkling, the catamaran sail on Fridays ($50 per person) and a round of golf at Tryall. There is a free shuttle to Tryall that leaves at 9:00am and returns at 1:00pm.

Considerations:
The food was just ok. Although we ate almost every meal on the property, we did not do a meal plan. The best items on the "a la carte" menu were the fresh fish (especially the snapper). We also enjoyed the Beach Barbeque on Tuesday. The breakfast buffet is excellent but very expensive.

Wireless internet was spotty. We had to ask several times for someone to come and set it up in the room. There is a computer lab on grounds, but we found this a little inconvenient.

We felt a little isolated from the Jamaican community. (This may the intention). Aside from hotel staff and cab drivers, we didn't meet too many locals. We had thought about going into Montego Bay for an inpromtu dinner but were discouraged. (Also, given the two-way cab fare, it ends up being somewhat expensive).

There is a nice air-conditioned library and tv room if you need to catch up to reality. We rarely used it though.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2008

I just returned from Round Hill Hotels and Villas in Montego Bay Jamaica. I recommend this beautiful destination to anyone with small children, couples or single people. The staff was outstanding in every way, so accomadating to your ever needs even anticipating at times. The setting and the grounds of Round Hill are magnificant, everything was very well thought out, its beauty was unsurpassed. I have been to many other places in the Caribbean, this was just wonderful. I stayed at the Pineapple House their Hotel, which was beautifully appointed and immaculate, the houskeeping staff was excellent. The view from our room was breathtaking. The evening dinners were varied some nights we ate on the beach, sometimes in different dining rooms. Their was tea served every afternoon, from 4 to 5 varied, tea sandwiches, scones, and a wonderful selection of teas very high quality. My stay at this beautiful, friendly, Hotel will always place a special time in my heart. Anyone who is looking for paradise, should consider Round Hill.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2008

Our family just spent an incredible week at Round Hill, and it was one of the best vacations we have ever had. It was easy to get to from Boston, everyone was welcoming and friendly, there were many other families with children, and there were activities for all of us. Our villa (#13) was breathtaking, as was the view, and our children loved having their own pool to play in at the villa in addition to the big pool down by the ocean. Round Hill has the perfect combination of all the amenities you could want (tennis, nice gym, spa, pool, good restaurants, golf cart rides to your villa, kids club, water sports), but is small, intimate, unique, and beautiful.

Round Hill also won us over because the staff was so helpful to us in feeding our daughter who has severe food allergies to nuts, dairy, and eggs. We brought a lot of our own food, but were able to get her safe meals at the restaurant, safe smoothies at the tiki bar, and the women who helped make breakfast took extreme care with her food and offered to learn how to make her pancakes that were safe. So, she woke up each morning to a wonderful and safe breakfast of bacon, fruit and pancakes that I didn't have to make!

It is a truly wonderful place!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2008

At one time or another, I have been a guest at some of the finest hotels in the world: The Peninsula (Hong Kong); The Connaught (London) ; Le Richemond (Geneva); Splendido (Portofino), The Carlyle (New York), The Meurice (Paris), just to name a few. I will just say this: my recent five day stay at Round Hill tops them all. From the moment I entered the registration area, the experience was simply sublime. The location, the friendliness of the entire staff, the cleanliness, the entertainment, and the food were superb. How on earth can each member of the staff, up and down the line, learn, and remember, your name in such a short period of time? And every greeting is with a warm and genuine smile. The accommodations at The Pineapple House overlook a crystal clear bay and a stunning nightly sunset. As well as being beautifully decorated in the vintage Ralph Lauren (his "Cottage 26" is right next door) style, they are spotlessly clean. It is no wonder that JFK and Jackie spent part of their honeymoon in one of the Villas! If you are partial to understated, low key, and effortless style, this is the place! Round Hill does not bluster with glitz, it whispers to you with elegance! Sitting in the open air bar, before dinner, sipping a dry martini, and listening to a great pianist play Gershwin and Porter songs is my idea of Heaven. I intend to spend a week at Round Hill every year for the rest of my life. A food tip: the simply grilled Grouper will take your breath away! It was swimming a few hours earlier! For me, Round Hill is a treasure that I finally found!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo