“Lovely spot, great accommodation and fab weather!”
other travellers have booked this property
Romantic, spacious and luxurious master bedroom
The Blue Lagoon on the islet of Comino - accessible by passenger ferry from Gozo Spacious and relaxing open plan lounge with adjacent balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Romantic, spacious and luxurious master bedroom
Spacious and relaxing open plan lounge with adjacent balcony
Exterior view of 'Azure Escapes' - our third floor apartment
Warm and inviting twin bedroom
Locally crafted handmade kitchen with halogen hob, fridge freezer & combination microwave oven/grill
The Meli family coat of arms
Xlendi Bay at night - great for waterfront dining and daytime fun
Views over Xlendi village - we are in the top right of the picture
Mgarr Harbour - your first sight of Gozo
Fancy a beach to yourself?  San Blas bay on north Gozo
Sweeping red sands of Ramla Bay on north Gozo - home to the cave of goddess Calypso
Natural rock formation of the Azure Window - setting for the Games of Thrones series
Shore and boat dives can be organised in warm waters with visibility up to 40m
Peaceful horse rides in scenic north Gozo - highly recommended!
Segway through Gharb village
Sea kayaking is a popular activity, there are many different water based activities available
Quad biking with a view!
Crashing waves near the salt plan of Xwieni Bay, Marsalforn
Scenic Gozitan countryside with Ta Pinu cathedral in the background
Majestic fortified capital of Valletta
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
C W
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot, great accommodation and fab weather!”
Reviewed 18 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

PROS: Xlendi is a friendly hamlet of a resort with a delightful bay for safe family swimming and excellent restaurants to choose from and good water sports choices. Not a clubbing spot so very pleasant and live music at a number of the restaurants throughout the week we stayed. The buses make getting about very easy and a hire car unneccesary.
The accommodation is ideal for 4 and manageable for 5 (as we were). It is a good spec and the balcony offers additional space. We spent very little time in but its really handy to be able to head back for lunch and then return to the beach/sea for more snorkelling. Good wifi. Easily arranged transport through owner from airport and key safe makes access arrangements with others very flexible.
CONS: - very minor really - limited food shopping options,cicada's in adjacent shrubs and air conditioning. The building is well soundproofed. The fans and existing mobile unit help move air, but not cool. It takes a while to adjust to heat and background noise of cicada's and allow air flow through the building. Working mobile a/c units would top things off wonderfully.

SUMMARY: Lovely apartment in a delightful resort, away from the clubbing crowd with a wonderful and safe swimming area and dis proportionally high number of good restaurants

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
12 Oct 2015
Thank you for your response. It was an exceptionally hot summer so AC would have been a bonus this year but usually our guests have commented that the equipment provided is more than enough to keep them comfortable. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our lovely apartment. Best wishes and hope to see you again.
Winnie195...
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“This is A Must to do!!! put in on your list!”
Reviewed 21 May 2015 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

The Azure Escapes,,,,,This is A Top little flat!!!!...Put it on your list of places to stay! my wife and i stayed here for a week In September!...and we were very satisfied with the Flat Very clean and well maintained!... there was cooking facility's if needed!... Bars and pubs 2 min walk and the restaurants in the area are fantastic!... A Must !...but Book well!!! ahead!... to avoid disappointment! i love this place love Xlendi and Gozo and Malta! Cheers, Winston .

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Rugrat60
Worthing, England
“Great Flat in a good location”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I have stayed in many rental places in Gozo and this was the only one which was as good as the description. It has an ideal location in Xlendi that has easy access to the middle of town but from a quiet back street.
Xlendi itself is a small village with a wide range of restaurant's ( & a great gelateria ), a selection of dive shops (I recommend Utina) and regular bus schedule to the whole island.

The flat is clean and well appointed, Elaine is more than helpful.
There is no air con, but with fans & tucked against the cliff it was cooler than other places I have stayed in during the summer & a maid comes in once a week to refresh the place.
The guide books to Gozo recommend ear plugs and I would go with that, One Saturday night there was a bazuki band playing that I particularly wanted to sleep through ( heavy day diving) and there can be noise from the local wildlife (feathered).
I am already planning my return.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Robert B
“Fabulous location if you're looking for a peaceful getaway.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a great 10 days at Xlendi Bay - what a beautiful place. The apartment is very spacious with everything you need (except air-con, but there are fans) .
Plenty of restaurants and very cheap & reliable public transport all in easy reach. Elaine also organised our transfers which worked perfectly.
We hope to return again, maybe in Spring - July is very hot !

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
qwerqt
Dulles, Virginia
“Fled the next morning”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I don't know why this property was rated "Excellent" by other people - don't want to question their common sense and integrity. My family (wife and two minor children) and I fled to the nearby hotel the next morning after a sleepless night. The roosters and some histerical birds cried loudly all night long right next to the building and there was no way to escape it, the bed was pretty uncomfortable, the flush in the toilet did not work well, the water pressure was low and the view from the balcony was rather unexciting - you can see the buildings in the distance, but not the sea. I'm not even mentioning that the TV did not work and that there is no elevator in the building, so prepare to do some workout. The owner wanted us to go to the nearby village just to collect the key from the apartment (it's after a long travel with small kids) and it took some negotiations before she arranged for her housekeeper to meet us at the apartment. If this is "excellent" for some people - I only feel sorry for them, but I also feel sorry for my family and myself for wasting time and money on this "Azure Escape". At least I understand now why it's called "escape"/

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
11 Jul 2014
It is very unpleasant to receive our first ever negative review in over 10 years of renting out this property, particularly as this is the first we have heard of any of these complaints. The booking process was indeed more complicated as my guest was based in Hungary, so to assist him, I reserved his dates and allowed him a significant amount of extra time to make his payment because he experienced some issues with transferring money, so any issues with booking did not originate with me. With regards to key pick up, as soon as he requested a change of arrangements I contacted my agent and asked her if she could, as a favour, meet this family at the apartment door to save them a 10 minute detour, which she kindly did responding to my request within hours. Regarding the other 'complaints', which although are a matter of opinion, we never like to receive, they could have been addressed had we been notified. However, it is a shame that we were not made aware of these issues until 2 months later in a public forum rather than being addressed directly.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing