All reviews sea view splash pool xlendi bay small pool courtyard room roof terrace sea front fantastic location air con weekend break hotel is situated sun loungers lovely view bus service visit gozo yogurt grace
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The location is superb but the hotel is very much below standard. The room was FILTHY the cleaner only "wiped" the floor and I couldn't walk from the bath to the bed without getting my feet and the sheets dirty. The pool on the rooftop is ridiculously small and the overall appearance of the hotel is very outdated. Breakfast was very poor and I didn't bother to go down again for breakfast after the first time because it was really that bad. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oreo94
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We have been going to Gozo for 20 years and this hotel is there in our favorite spot. If you want to drink eat and sleep while exploring the beautiful island of Gozo, this is one of the best places to relax.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2018

This was probably one of the worst places we have ever stayed at. We booked a valley view room for a two week stay at this hotel on a B&B basis. We were really pleased that the hotel was right on Xlendi bay and that public transport was a minute walk from the hotel. The foyer is nice and reception friendly. There is no one to help with luggage to the room.

Unfortunately the rooms and service were sub standard and definitely nNOT 4 star worthy. We had two single beds put together to form a double which would have been fine if they had actually put some sort of bedding to ensure that you couldn't feel the hard joint in between the beds or loose a person when the beds would slide apart in the middle of the night.Only a sheet was placed on the mattresses no mattress protector which we found to be very unhygienic. We could feel all the springs in our back at night. On the night of arrival we found the double bed with a single bed quilt draped on the bottom instead of providing us with the proper size bedding. Sheets had holes and stains and the pillows........ They call that a pillow?! Towels were like sand paper and tattered. The rooms were serviced daily but not always properly. The hair dryer which was stuck on the wall, would overheat to the point were you couldn't hold it anymore. It was also taped up with silver duct tape to hold the hose together. we would occasionally also the smell of drainage come through the plumbing!!! The upside was that the room had air conditioning. The room is definitely not what was on there website.

We were provided with a buffet breakfast. There was no variety for the whole two weeks that we were there.It was very obvious that it was just slapped together with no care. We were lucky if we got a 'good morning' from floor staff or were greeted at all. The tablecloths were stained and not cleaned in between customers. By the end of it I just couldn't eat breakfast there despite having paid for it already.

The pool is very dated. Probably the size of two bath tubs and the Jacuzzi does not work.

We did not bother to complain as it was clear that it was all down to the overall bad management of the hotel.

We were mislead, thinking that we were booking a 4 star hotel. It is lucky to be a two star. The hotel is in dire need of a renovation and PROPER MANAGEMENT.

Room Tip: Better to rent a flat if you are set a staying at Xlendi.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AussyTraveller86
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I booked a week with Mercury and had one of the rooms that faced inward. As mentioned by another traveller the inner courtyard is in fact glazed at the top. The rooms are very well air conditioned, so it's not an issue for many but if you're a fresh air freak, as am I, I couldn't bear it. Happily paid a bit more for a room facing the car park and valley view.
The hot water was always available and plentiful and the room was well looked after.
Breakfast was excellent, a selection of cereals, yogurts and fresh fruit salad. Toast, pastries and cooked items as well as meat and cheese.
Travelling on my own I was a bit anxious/self-conscious but only for a couple of days. Staff were caring and professional and I soon relaxed into a lovely week. I hired snorkelling kit for 5 euros a day and spent ages in the lovely clear water.
Two points worth mentioning...there is only free internet access in the downstairs public rooms. I hear this is going to be addressed.
Also the rooms have the old fashioned tube in the wall type hair dryer . Not too effective.....bring your own I'd suggest.
On balance, thank you St Patricks. I really hope to return.

Room Tip: Sea view best but you pay for the privilege
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank welshmum007
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

A good hotel in a very good location with a nice atmosphere.Parking was not a problem.There is a Roof top pool but a bit small.We stayed for bed and breakfast.Staff was very helpful.Rooms need to be cleaner.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family