USD 206
USD 178
USD 148
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Solana Hotel and Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
USD 163
USD 90
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 128/night.

Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
USD 150
  • Restaurant
USD 109
USD 81
Aurora(Mellieha)
TripAdvisor
D View(Mellieha)
6,836 results
All reviewscoral restaurantbrazilian restaurantmain restaurantlate breakfastbowling alleyanimation teamkids clubsports barall inclusive hotelsea bankfamily roomon tappool viewadult poolfree safethe busevening entertainment
Reviewed 5 April 2018

A friend and I have just returned from this hotel which we booked for 4 nights with Love Holidays (23-27 March) and from the start we found everything about it to our complete satisfaction, booking in was extremely efficient with all the staff very friendly.
A thunder storm on the evening we arrived and rain overnight did not dampen our spirits, the following night had rain but during each day was dry although quite windy and the average was just 16 degrees, a pity as the week before and now this week I believe the temperature is in the 20’s.
The hotel was spotless and our room was very large with comfortable beds and towels changed every day, also the bonus of having tea and coffee provided as well as free Wifi throughout the hotel, a free safe and also a fridge in the room with free water supplied. There were also water coolers where you could refill bottles, saving an extra expense.
The main pool was very large (a few people in there said it was cold) also an indoor pool which looked lovely but never too busy and a Jacuzzi as well.
Five restaurants on site which were bookable near reception, so be quick as the spaces were limited, however its always worth going to a particular restaurant to check as when we booked, there were plenty of spaces even though the booking system said they had none. We can really recommend both the Asian and A la Carte.
The main bar area was spotless with a very good system so no queue jumping and the spirits and cocktails extremely good quality, with an added bonus of no children after a certain time (early evening) whether this is the case in the height of summer one could only hope!
The main evening entertainment started with the usual kid’s time then a few quizzes then singers and dancers which were good but a bit repetitive all held in the large dome so plenty of space and again drinks were good, all in all better than no entertainment at all.
A visit to the island of Gozo is a must and couldn’t believe the price of the ferry was just 4.65euros each.
All in all a very pleasant stay and we would highly recommend this hotel, we would have no hesitation of staying here again,
Malta is a lovely island with lovely people.

Room Tip: Our sea view room got no sun at all, pool view gets the sun most of the day
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 92beverleyc
dbSeabank, Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear 92beverleyc,

Allow us to thank you for taking time to write a such a positive five star review. We are thrilled that you had a fantastic time with us here at db Seabank Resort + Spa.

Thank you for recommending us to others and it will be an honour if you would join our family of repeat guests..

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Any chance of getting a proper coffee at this hotel? No is the answer plus they sell coffees for £1 Euro which are served in tiny cups hard to find a proper coffee at this hotel. The machines use powdered milk and coffee and there is nothing around the hotel. Not impressed so far with the quality of food and drinks here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank ankit59

Dear ankit59,

Would you kindly contact the duty manager by reception, so that we will discuss and find solutions for your mentioned points please?

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We read other reviews and were excited to come but it’s been a little disappointing.

The hotel facilities are fine, the family rooms are large with a sliding door separating the kids off.

The pool is huge but freezing cold despite the weather being warm. There is an indoor pool which is a gorgeous temperature but it was so full of young teenagers bombing into the pool it’s not good for adults or younger children.

My main issue was the food. I’m vegetarian and I’m used to have little choice abroad but there is literally no separate vegetarian meal you have to walk around looking for bits of something to make a meal. Mostly I ate salad, some nights there was a vege pasta and one night there were veg samosas. Aside from being vege the food still isn’t great, in the main restaurant lunch is similar to dinner and the fruit is basic, fresh melon but tinned pineapple and peaches...I expect better from a 4 star hotel. Breakfast is crazy, I’m typing this from my room as I couldn’t get into the main restaurant for breakfast so am waiting for the Laguna bar to open which serves a later, slightly more basic breakfast.

The Laguna bar for lunch is snacks is quite good and is usually where we end up as opposed to the main restaurant.

There are 5 other restaurants in the hotel you can book which is great for a change of scenery, but 3 are buffet style which is a shame as that’s what I tend to get bored of...fighting to get to the chips!! The Italian is amazing and is served like an ordinary restaurant where you’re served. The American diner made great efforts for vegetarians with a vege chilli and vege burger.

The maids are great and our room looked amazing each afternoon when we returned.

The shuttle buses are not good, old vehicles, lots of pick ups and not much cheaper than a taxi for a family of 4.

You can only get 2 drinks at a time from the bar at any time which is annoying so one of us were back and forth whilst one stayed with the kids.

There is generally only one bar open at a time in the day so be prepared to walk a fair bit for your 2 drinks!!

Overall the service isn’t good enough. The restaurant is too small for the hotel at breakfast. There aren’t enough bars in the day for the size of the hotel. 2 drinks at a time is tight and you cannot take food to you sun bed.

We won’t be coming back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank T29CYG

Dear T29CYG,

Thank you for finding time to write your review.

I hope you can read my reply whilst you are still with us as I kindly ask you to contact our Executive chef through the restaurant desk to discuss your dietary requirements.

I am sure they are able to offer you a vast choice of dishes for your liking.

best regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

best hotel ive had the pleasure of staying and ive been in quite a few in my 67 years ive booked to go back in october cannot waite our room was large and very comfortable cleaned to a high standard every day .the faciitys perfect food amazing bars great staff lovely very attentive and helpful plenty to do swimming pool great my 2 grandaughters had such a great time they did not want to leave

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank margaret b

Dear margaret b,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your amazing experience regarding your stay with us
I was extremely delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our Resort facilities, I am glad they have exceeded your expectations.

We always strive to deliver our services on the highest level of standards thus I will make sure to pass your lovely feedback on my colleagues who will be more than happy to hear them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to db Seabank Resort + Spa in October.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel as reviews said was great for families and whilst it is my initial impressions is it’s good for families with children under 6.

Kids clubs run but at Easter has been full of younger children, so my kids not interested. My eldest at 10 went to archery, with a parent, to be told it’s adults only (only one other adult was there). All pool activities that I assume the kids could have participated was cancelled. Lack of people I understand but adds to the not quite Family orientated.

Air con not fully working. Told they were still on heating mode and to switch air con off and put room fan on. Advertised facility not quite what it seems. Left to sleep with balcony door open which didn’t leave me feeling safe.

Food is generally good and the Laguna bar which is open most of the day appears to offer good snacks during the day. Had an great scone with cream and jam and kids enjoyed the burgers.

As said at beginning for Easter the entertainment more aligned to younger kids. For kids aged 10 to 15 I would say not much here to entertain so be prepared.

May be better when season more in full swing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris A

Dear Chris A,

Thank you very much for your review of our Resort.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We deeply appreciate your valuable feedback with regards to the entertainment for young teenagers. Rest assured that your very valuable feedback will be taken into consideration and we'll work on it to ensure a great guest experience.

Our close circuit A/C system was set on heating and in order to change to cooling this has to be switched off and wait for days for the water temperature to drop before switching on cooling. The weather temperatures are still not warm enough to switch off the heating.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the property in not too distant future.

regards