2,599 results
All reviews gozo ferry the bus indoor pool salt water sea water private beach blue lagoon games room bus service breakfast and dinner quiet location weekend break cleaned daily buffet style hire car plenty of sunbeds public transport
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a week on bed and breakfast. I'm so glad I wasn't All Inclusive. The breakfast was fab and I couldn't fault it. However the food in the cafe was awful, burnt Pizza, we complained and just got shrugged at. We had dinner in the main restaurant one evening, it was awful and cost €59 for 2adults and 1 child.

I knew our room wasnt going to be good after we had to get in a lift that looked like it had been state of the art in the 70s!! Our room had a nice view, but that's all I can say about it that's good! The beds where so old and the mattresses must have been at least 20years old with no mattress toppers. Our bathroom looked nothing like the pictures on any of the websites, it was dated and mouldy in the corners. Our shower head was a flimsy plastic thing you'd kind in a caravan! The air conditioning was rubbish, it didn't work at all!! The ceiling fan did a better job.

This hotel just want your money, they charge for everything and are unhelpful. It seemed unless you where all inclusive then they didn't want to know. As I'd already said the food was awful (apart from b'fast). All the pictures of this hotel make it look lovely, but it's dirty and tired around the edges. Even the neon sign outside isn't working properly. I don't mind doing staying in basic hotels, I do mind when it stated as a 4* when it's clearly only worth a 2*.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank joyce1934
SMF001, Public Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your stay and also for your review.

We were sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations - it would have been great to address any issues during your stay.

Our hotel offers outstanding value for money compared to other 4-star hotels in Malta which often cost 50% more without offering anything more compared to the Paradise Bay.

We sincerely hope that your stay in Malta was overall good.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Nice enough hotel, clean with regular towel changes. Would highly recommend a car if not all inclusive due to there not being much going on around the hotel. The air conditioning is noisy and there is a busy road right outside. Breakfast has enough options for everyone.
Ferry to Gozo is right outside so handy if that is where you want to go and the hotel has excellent speed boat surface to the blue lagoon.
Mellieha is a ten minute or so drive away with a handful of restaurants to choose from.
The hotel is nice but wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hantarctic
SMF001, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and also for your review.

Although we were happy to read your nice feedback regarding the hotel itself, we are disappointed to know that you were not enjoying the location.

If there is anything more you would like to share please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Very poor customer service, which really made us feel unwelcome. We wanted to use the swimming pool, but unfortunately we didn't have any euros / cash on us to pay for the loan of the towels. I was thinking that they would say, "Don't worry we'll charge it to the room or your card," instead they took great delight in telling us "no money no towel," so unfortunately we didn't use their facilities. The swimming pools looked lovely though. The food was not great (uncooked on first attempt) so that resulted on getting on a bus into the next town (20mins) and getting something there the next couple of days. There were lots of lovely places to eat there. If you want a beach holiday then you could do better. I wouldn't describe the place as quiet or secluded with it being next to the ferry terminal. There were lots of areas closed if the hotel at Easter time including the beach area but it didn't look that impressive. On the final day a workman walked into our room completely unannounced even though we had a sign on the door. I think this was unacceptable and if workman can do this it makes you feel unsafe not knowing when this would happen. The hotel seemed completely ambivalent to this and not even apologetic. Cheap but not cheerful and lacking in any customer service. You can do better. Fortunately, we were only there 3 nights and spent the rest of the time in Malta and Gozo at some great places, but we couldn't wait to leave Paradise.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John B
SMF001, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and also for your review.

We were disappointed to read about the unsatisfactory experiences you have mentioned in your review - it would have been greet if we could had addressed all these during your stay.

Please rest assured that we are going to take action against any bad examples of customer service you have listed and experienced.

We would love to hear more, in case you would like to share more with the management feel free to contact us directly.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

This is a hotel if you want a relaxing holiday, away from a busy resort good bus service to other towns and a visit to Gozo. Hotel staff very helpful just up grade to a view over the bay, would I return yes

Room Tip: Bay view 3rd or4th floor
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay in the Paradise Bay and also for your lovely review.

Your great feedback is utmost valuable and we are truly happy that you have been exploring and enjoying Gozo.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2016

How Thompson/First Choice get away with selling this hotel as an 'all inclusive' is beyond me. The staff at reception and the bar staff were rude. I was informed that once the mini bar contents were used then I would have to pay to replace the items. This I didn't mind, but when you are also told that once the tea and coffee runs out then you also have to pay for more, then I knew something wasn't quite right. Bottled water is somehow not included in the package, neither are afternoon snacks. At evening meals if you request a small carraff of wine you have to pay for it. If you want to make use of the safe, you have to pay for it. The same applies to wi fi. We stayed two days then demanded to be moved. The staff at reception didn't even bother to ask if there was a problem when I ordered a cab to leave. We eventually ended up at the Malleigha Bay Hotel which was AMAZING. Not only would I never use The Paradise Bay Hotel again but I also wouldn't use Thompson/First Choice. They are selling holidays that are not fit for purpose.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple