“terribe expirience”
Review of Panorama Hotel

Panorama Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 28 October 2017

we arrived in the morning on 6 october and lady from reception Maria start screaming that we will not stay there, they didn't have rooms but they make booking for a lot of people and after they send people to other hotels. it's SCAM. this hotel is very expensive on the site where we usual book, around 90 euros for one night, so they take money and they send you to very cheap hotel who cost 25 eu for night, so they make extra profit on this way. we went even in police but nothing happen. i contact web site where i made booking and nothing. so i pay 650 euros for 7 nights, and i get hotel of 175 euros in Bugibba, 7 km away from Mellieha and 7 km away from good beach. just don't book here you will have same experience as everybody.

Room Tip: don't book this hote, they still money and they will send you in cheap hotel in bugibba far away...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This place is terrible....and that's a complement! I didn't know how can they show 3 stars.... that's absolutely impossible!! We were suppose to be there 3 nights, we run away the following morning just because we checked in late evening and didn't manage to make a booking somewhere else. This place is a disaster, room and toilet absolutely inadequate (maybe for a 1 start hostel), breakfast terrible. There are not enough bad words to describe this place...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Waste of time booking this place arrived 2am to be told we had no room due to over booking . We were then dispatched along with 2 other couples to st Julian's amongst all the discos and brothels which was the exact opposite of our booking

Room Tip: Don't bother only give a rating of one to submit a review, not really worth anything
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Awful, just awful. Not enough space in this review to adequately explain how dreadful this hotel (and therefore the whole holiday) was. Food inedible, swarms of flies all around the buffet, cockroaches on the floor of the restaurant, service non existent (unless they are sending you to another hotel), pool and "sun" terrace in shade until 5pm. I was all inclusive (not actually sure what was inclusive as very little was offered).
I holiday twice a year, every year and have never, ever had an experience as bad as this. Don't do what I did and assume that the other reviews on this site were fussy people who were not happy unless they were complaining. If anything, the criticisms are understated. Should be shut down without delay. Tourist Association of Malta advised. Beware

Room Tip: Top tip - go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is chronically overbooked; people being shipped to other hotels miles away from Mellieha daily. Those other hotels apparently also belong to the same company..makes you think..

We arrived to Panorama late on the 5th of October and been told the hotel had no room for us. There was a couple sleeping in the lobby of the hotel as they refused moving.

After accepting to be moved to an alternative hotel for 2 nights out of 9 purely because it was after midnight and I had an 8 year old scared and tired child with me it turned out that even after 2 nights they had no accommodation for us and the offer was to move us again even further away.

My partner and his family including his daughter who was recovering from cancer, were meant to be joining us at Panorama from the 7th of October, but they had no rooms for any of us! We refused it as that was not where we planned to stay and had to book an alternative accommodation in Mellieha on the spot.

Hotel is refusing any refunds to me; they lied to the agents about a number of things such as I presumable ‘cancelled’ my room and how ‘kind’ they were to get out of their way to offer me a room in an alternative hotel even though I was a late arrival and they could have cancelled my stay !!!hahaha!!!!They have a 24 hour reception, no dead lines on check in and I booked a room there for 9 nights ...

Our holiday was ruined as we had to deal with it throughout the whole stay and after arriving home!

My agent Amoma that I booked hotel through refunded me ‼️£31 out of £500‼️(would also not recommend them as they are based outside EU and take zero responsibility for anything that happens to you after the booking)

10-20 people DAILY are being moved to other places from Panorama!

Please stay away from them! Maltese Travel Authorities are now aware of the situation and hopefully someone will put a stop to this.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NatalliaMaguire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
0.5 km away
2.7 km away
Porto Azzurro
Porto Azzurro
#4 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!