“Don't go, even if it's free!!”
Review of Panorama Hotel

Panorama Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Awful, just awful. Not enough space in this review to adequately explain how dreadful this hotel (and therefore the whole holiday) was. Food inedible, swarms of flies all around the buffet, cockroaches on the floor of the restaurant, service non existent (unless they are sending you to another hotel), pool and "sun" terrace in shade until 5pm. I was all inclusive (not actually sure what was inclusive as very little was offered).
I holiday twice a year, every year and have never, ever had an experience as bad as this. Don't do what I did and assume that the other reviews on this site were fussy people who were not happy unless they were complaining. If anything, the criticisms are understated. Should be shut down without delay. Tourist Association of Malta advised. Beware

Room Tip: Top tip - go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is chronically overbooked; people being shipped to other hotels miles away from Mellieha daily. Those other hotels apparently also belong to the same company..makes you think..

We arrived to Panorama late on the 5th of October and been told the hotel had no room for us. There was a couple sleeping in the lobby of the hotel as they refused moving.

After accepting to be moved to an alternative hotel for 2 nights out of 9 purely because it was after midnight and I had an 8 year old scared and tired child with me it turned out that even after 2 nights they had no accommodation for us and the offer was to move us again even further away.

My partner and his family including his daughter who was recovering from cancer, were meant to be joining us at Panorama from the 7th of October, but they had no rooms for any of us! We refused it as that was not where we planned to stay and had to book an alternative accommodation in Mellieha on the spot.

Hotel is refusing any refunds to me; they lied to the agents about a number of things such as I presumable ‘cancelled’ my room and how ‘kind’ they were to get out of their way to offer me a room in an alternative hotel even though I was a late arrival and they could have cancelled my stay !!!hahaha!!!!They have a 24 hour reception, no dead lines on check in and I booked a room there for 9 nights ...

Our holiday was ruined as we had to deal with it throughout the whole stay and after arriving home!

My agent Amoma that I booked hotel through refunded me ‼️£31 out of £500‼️(would also not recommend them as they are based outside EU and take zero responsibility for anything that happens to you after the booking)

10-20 people DAILY are being moved to other places from Panorama!

Please stay away from them! Maltese Travel Authorities are now aware of the situation and hopefully someone will put a stop to this.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NatalliaMaguire
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

breakfast very awful. Cockroaches in the hotel. Very poor wifi. elevator disfigured.I do not recommend it. Better to pay dearly and live in normal conditions.The auditor does not recommend the Panorama Hotel at 3 Triq Dun Belin Azzopardi, Il-Mellieħa
Malta

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We arrived to find we didn't have a room and that they wanted to send us to St Julian's for 3 nights. If we had wanted to stay in St Julian's we would have booked a hotel there in the first place!! We were not the only ones being shuttled off to different hotels/resorts. This happened every day we were there. The place we ended up in, for 1 night, was dreadful and dirty with a mouldy bathroom.
Returning to the Panorama we did have a nice room and bathroom, with a panoramic view of the bay. But the bed was very hard with thin sheets and broken up pillows. Also the towels looked like they could do with a good boil wash. The rest of the hotel was very grubby, dirty carpets in the corridors and needs a total revamp. Breakfast was basic and the drinks machine was a nightmare as it couldn't cope with the amount of people using it. We have stayed in Mellieha quite a few times but have never experienced this over booking issue, we would not book this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

we arrived at 1am and they moved for the next 3 days in another two horrible, dirty ,different hotels.. we've never seen the manager even if we try to contact him. it was a pity because the hotel seems to be really nice, but we didn't have the chance to verify that.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
0.5 km away
2.7 km away
Porto Azzurro
Porto Azzurro
#4 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!