All reviewssteam roompool barequipped gymgran canariarelaxing hotellarge loungemini breakyumbo centrequiet streetseparate bedroomlovely bathroomsand duneslots of sun bedssofa bedper daywould highly recommend this hotelan upgrade
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Stare here with a friend (separate rooms) and on his recommendations at the end of January. It is a stunning location and that alone makes it highly desirable. The rooms are spacious and very plain (a picture or two would be nice) comfortable beds and furniture, lovely bathroom, each apartment has its own balcony or patio and the view from each is magnificent. Breakfast is superb, everything from the usual cold meats, cheese and fruit to bacon and egg, the latter being cooked as you want them if you’re not into scrambled. Breakfast is served at the poolside bar. The staff are efficient and after a day or so remembered that I prefer decaffeinated coffee.

We had dinner in the restaurant,simple menu, two choices for each of the three courses. Good, imaginative and tasty. Very pleasant waiters and great wine.

The main feature of this place is its huge spa pool and associated facilities, warm room, hot sauna, steam room, plunge pool and showers. Various treatments are available too. It’s all mixed sex. The various jets and pools in the spa are great fun but I found the air temperature just a little on the low side. I certainly didn’t want to relax on the plentiful loungers by the pool so out of the pool or the sauna it’s not a place to linger.

Unfortunately the wether was really cool and wet. The public areas of the resort aren’t geared up to such weather and so there is nothing to do and nowhere to go as you might find in an ordinary hotel. There is no comfortable lounge or indoor bar. The pool bar remained open all day but with the weather wasn’t the most comfortable place to remain.

Each room is supposed to have air conditioning but the controls in my room were so fiendishly complicated that I couldn’t make it work. I asked at reception for help and was told that the a/c was for cooling only! When I said that my friend had heat the receptionist said he would sent some to look, but no one arrived. As a result, the room was always just a bit chilly.

I know that Gran Canaria is noted for its winter sunshine, but this winter was particularly cold and wet, but the evenings are always cool at this time of year anyway so some form of heating is highly desirable.

We chose to have our first few days at this resort for a bit of pampering. So, would I go again, probably. But I do prefer the reliability and simplicity of our usual gay men’s resort in Maspalomas.

And they really ought to replace the allegedly fluffy dressing gowns they provide, which are rough and getting threadbare.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I booked this last minute for a 6 nite stay pay €1,248 for breakfast& evening meal.Firstly i like my peace on vacation what has happened with you Vital.Its my 4th time to stay in 5 yrs. Originally its concept was ADULT only which was a huge seller for me now spoiled by crying kids.Your sauna area is filthy & not good enough for hygiene purposes.Evening meals are 4 out of 10 & too cold i just gave up.You could do better before you sink Vital as your location is the finest.
Not sure if i will return especially with noisy kids & to be asked to rent your safety deposit box after paying so much for 6 nights is terrible.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Patrick W
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Too expensive for the standard of this hotel. We stayed for a week at Vital suite, the pool area is nice. Beautiful views on the dunas and the golf.
But, I would not recommend this hotel, the room and the terrace were not correctly cleaned during our 7 days stay. The pool towels were never changed . The sauna area is dirty as well.
The overall cleanliness of the hotel is terrible.
The bar and restaurant staff are nice but struggle with english .
We stayed there 7 days out of which 5 days the internet was not working...
Would definitely never go back there...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaPeer
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Great location and have stayed at this hotel many times. On this occasion visited for a meal in the poolside restaurant. Worst meal of holiday. Luke warm soup re-heated on request and returned with a heavy landing by a sulky waitress. Garlic prawns served in a cracked dish so oil poured over the table. Having failed with the basic task of heating the soup we were then served under-cooked fish and potato. Some further clues here..the resident cat refused some of the cod fillet and only three tables occupied on arrival. Such a shame as this could be one of the best locations to eat.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank pdwpaulpdw
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel over many years, great location and pool area, but DO NOT eat in the restaurant. Made the mistake of eating here with friends for an evening meal - raw uncooked food served up after waiting for ages to be offered a drink. Service absolutely appalling, chef spent all evening eating whilst preparing food. Every course sent back as either uncooked or cold. When brought back soup was slammed onto table in front of us. General impression was that we were an inconvenience to the staff, who clearly wanted to go home rather than serve customers. My friends wanted to pay for the meal, if I had my way, I would not have paid at all. Absolutely dreadful!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends