“2 hour ride booked”

El Salobre Horse Riding
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I booked a 2 hour ride here and did go twice in the week I was away. We did the same route both times, it is very rocky terrain for the entire ride and dusty. The horses appear used to it (I'm not though, usually riding in the UK)
The team at the stables are very welcoming, and allocate a suitable horse based on your experience. You also have the option to join the gallop during the ride. My horse was full of energy and personality, and fun to ride, certainly not a dobbin, which as an experienced rider is what I asked for, My husband does not ride, and was given a sedate, calm horse which was ideal, meaning he enjoyed the ride too.
Generally though, it was a 2 hour walk, with a gallop option once the first time, and twice the second time. The horses are well cared for in terms of stables, shoes etc, worth pointing out I think.

Date of experience: January 2018
"non riders"
"great hour"
"nice ride"
in 2 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"nice scenery"
"gran canaria"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We came here for a treat for my 25th birthday and had a lovely time. The girls were super friendly and chatty and were a pleasure to be with and the horses are well looked after. My boyfriend had a little trouble with his horse to begin with as we were both beginners but after a bit of guidance from staff we were well on the way.
The trip does cater for all abilities, those new to horse riding remain at a steady walk whilst at points those with more experience are able to go ahead and go at a faster pace. It looked great fun for them, I only wish we had more experience so we were able to join!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We were a family on four, two girls, 10 and 12 years old. None of us had any experience with riding horses from before.
Wish we could have some more instruction before we started. Especially our kids became a bit afraid when they just got a hourse that they were asked to follow down to the place where the ride should start.
But when we got started our two hours ride it was great. We all did quickly got used to our hourses. They had gone the route many times before, and did really know excactly where to go. We could just enjoy our tour, and so we did.
Wish the guides could tell us something more on our ride, the name of the hourses (to our kids), and also tell a bit about the tour before we started and so on.
But we had a wonderful two hours ride!

1  Thank Norwegian12345
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went horse riding with this company and it was our first horse riding experience. They cater to all ranges of experiences apparently. We were first time riders and I expected atleast 5-10 minutes of briefing- we got less than 30 seconds of “training”. Anyways, the ride was okay and some spots had good views. There were 2 professional riders with our group of 5 riders. You would think that’s a really good ratio but what’s the point if both the professionals are riding together in the front while the rest of us try and follow?! Close to the finish of our ride, my horse got scared by a flying plastic bag and jumped in panic. My foot got stuck and eventually I fell completely off the horse and onto my back on the rocks. I was lucky that the horse didn’t jump on my chest in panic. When that happened, both the professional riders were all the way in the front. When they saw what happened, they still waited sometime before they came and helped me. As if they expected me to just brush off the dust and jump back on the horse! After this, there was absolutely no sense of compassion or empathy..first aid was only offered after we asked for it...they didn’t even offer water! It was a very scary experience and I was lucky that things didn’t end up terribly. The riders were rude and don’t expect any form of customer service from them.

2  Thank Camper584327
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We ride at home at our horse. I see comments about the horses but I didn't see any skinny ones. More older horses. Maybe thats the confusion. I looked at the feet of the horses and they where perfectly oke. Well looked after. Another comment about materials, they get a used look when you use them everyday and are expensive to buy. So no problem with that either.
The two ladies who where our guides introduced themselves, asked about our experience and then decided which horse was the best for us. In our group also no experienced people.
We got time to hug them en then get on.
The trip was amaizing. We saw some beautiful landscape: indeed rocks, sand and mountains but hey that's Gran Canaria, it's more than see and beaches. You can't expect something else. My daughter who is 10 and I loved it.
You can make you're own choise iff you want to trot and galop. We could do only 1 time trot, 1 time galop but it was not possible elsewhere on our route because off the landscape or rocks. The guides asked more than once iff everybody was oke.
We also make use off the schutlle from and to the hotel. It was also good and easy.
One tip for who wants do do this: when you ride a horse you need a long trousers and closed shoes. The group after us had some shorts and sandels on.
And some sunprotection