“Customer service?! ”

El Salobre Horse Riding
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went horse riding with this company and it was our first horse riding experience. They cater to all ranges of experiences apparently. We were first time riders and I expected atleast 5-10 minutes of briefing- we got less than 30 seconds of “training”. Anyways, the ride was okay and some spots had good views. There were 2 professional riders with our group of 5 riders. You would think that’s a really good ratio but what’s the point if both the professionals are riding together in the front while the rest of us try and follow?! Close to the finish of our ride, my horse got scared by a flying plastic bag and jumped in panic. My foot got stuck and eventually I fell completely off the horse and onto my back on the rocks. I was lucky that the horse didn’t jump on my chest in panic. When that happened, both the professional riders were all the way in the front. When they saw what happened, they still waited sometime before they came and helped me. As if they expected me to just brush off the dust and jump back on the horse! After this, there was absolutely no sense of compassion or empathy..first aid was only offered after we asked for it...they didn’t even offer water! It was a very scary experience and I was lucky that things didn’t end up terribly. The riders were rude and don’t expect any form of customer service from them.

2  Thank Camper584327
"horse ride"
"great hour"
"non riders"
in 2 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"nice ride"
"nice scenery"
"gran canaria"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We ride at home at our horse. I see comments about the horses but I didn't see any skinny ones. More older horses. Maybe thats the confusion. I looked at the feet of the horses and they where perfectly oke. Well looked after. Another comment about materials, they get a used look when you use them everyday and are expensive to buy. So no problem with that either.
The two ladies who where our guides introduced themselves, asked about our experience and then decided which horse was the best for us. In our group also no experienced people.
We got time to hug them en then get on.
The trip was amaizing. We saw some beautiful landscape: indeed rocks, sand and mountains but hey that's Gran Canaria, it's more than see and beaches. You can't expect something else. My daughter who is 10 and I loved it.
You can make you're own choise iff you want to trot and galop. We could do only 1 time trot, 1 time galop but it was not possible elsewhere on our route because off the landscape or rocks. The guides asked more than once iff everybody was oke.
We also make use off the schutlle from and to the hotel. It was also good and easy.
One tip for who wants do do this: when you ride a horse you need a long trousers and closed shoes. The group after us had some shorts and sandels on.
And some sunprotection

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Extremely boring walk through the mountains, I asked to trot and was ignored, found the girls leading quite rude and in conclusion just not worth the money!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter went on a 2 hour ride with a small group and loved it. She rides on every holiday as this was by far her favorite. We were collect on time and taken to the stables. The horses are well looked after and my daughter was fitted with a hat which I was pleased about.

She is an experienced rider where as other in the group were all different levels. She went on a ride about 10am so although hot not as hot as later in the day. The ride was very rocky but beautiful views. Two instructors went with the group and one took photos. A CD with all the photos on was available to buy for 10€ which I thought was a good price.

Lovely experience for beginners and more experienced riders.

1  Thank laylaann
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We found a leaflet for these stables at our hotel. Our hotel rang and booked this excursion for us. We were collected by mini bus and taken to the stables. Upon arrival we were greeted by lovely staff. I was with my daughter and her friend, neither whom have ridden horses before and were both terribly nervous. We were taken and fitted with helmets and then went to meet our steeds. The girls were given lovely ponies who were so laid back. We set off over the mountains and had a lovely time. Whilst out lots of photos were taken of us and you can purchase a disc at the end for 10 euros which I highly recommend. When we returned the horses we rode were fed and stabled for the night and we were dropped back off to our hotel. A great time had by all :)