“Briliant Value Hotel”

Ranked #61 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
Falkirk
“Briliant Value Hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have just returned from a week all inclusive holiday from the 4th to 11th of April! Really enjoyed my stay at the Dunas Mirador and would definitely go back! Very nice looking hotel with good facilities. Our room in block A was clean and we had a lovely big balcony. Although the location is a bit out of the main area we enjoyed taking a walk down to the lovely area of Meloneras where there are beaches, sand dunes, designer shops and lovely restaurants. The hotel also has a bus service in the morning to this area or it is only 5euros in a taxi. We also took a taxi to the main strip in playa del ingles at nights for livelier pubs for 5 euros. The food in the hotel is great value for what we paid. There is a wide variety of food daily at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is always fresh and the staff work extremely hard to ensure that food is regularly replaced and a high standard is maintained. The hotel was extremely busy over the easter period and the staff have to be commended at how hard they worked. I certainly enjoyed the food having second, and sometimes even third helpings at each course! :) The pool area at the hotel is lovely and again staff work hard to maintain this. I did have to be up early to get a sunbed each day. The main pool is still quite cold and it took me until my last day to summon the courage to take a dip but it is very refreshing once you are in! The pool looks lovely at night when lit up. The animation staff were great and I enjoyed participating in zumba and aerobic classes. I have to admit I looked forward to the animation team's morning dance! The entertainment in the disco area at night kept us sufficiently entertained at whilst we enjoyed our all inclusive drinks. It is still quite cold at night so my advice to anyone travelling out there soon is to pack some warm clothes so you can sit out in the pool bar at night as it is chilly. In all this is a great hotel and I have nothing but positives to say about it!

Room Tip: Room 116 Block A with a pool view. Our room was at the end so we could see both the pool and the sea...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Steph H
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dunas Mirador Maspalomas, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Steph H,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here in Gran Canaria and at our hotel. We will let the animation staff know about your friendly words, they will be glad to hear that you were happy with their effort to make you and our other hotel guests feel welcome.

We hope we will be able to see you once again at our hotel.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Dunas Mirador Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Polish first
Birmingham
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just got back from a week's all inclusive with the family. Brilliant holiday all round. Don't be put off by negative reviews... I think some people expect far too much for their money. Always plenty of choice in the dining room. The freshly grilled fish was particularly good and pancakes at breakfast were lovely. Pool was very cold... but it's bound to be at the start of the year and we still managed to have a good swim.

As for the staff they were all very pleasant. The animation team were fantastic and, although we had none in our party, if you're travelling with young children they'll never be stuck for something to do. They were really friendly and offered lots of things for both children and adults to do day and night... and the daily Danza Kuduro was always a good laugh!

Rooms were kept clean with plenty of linen changes. Our room in block C by the main road was a little noisy with the doors open but was fine when we shut the balcony doors. The location's not perfect but there were various free or very cheap buses and taxis were very cheap... I think the location is a small sacrifice for such a good price.

Overall a really lovely holiday... I enjoyed it so much I'm going back in a few months! Thanks :)

Room Tip: Pool view if you want to leave your balcony doors open overnight.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebekah B
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dunas Mirador Maspalomas, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Rebekah B,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation and giving a comment on Tripadvisor. We were very happy to know that you had spent good time here with us and that you enjoyed our entertainment, food and the cleanliness of our rooms. These words will motivate us to work even harder to make our guests enjoy their time at our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you would like to return and we hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed 2nd to 9th April. Great short transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Reception staff were fantastic - really friendly and rushed us through so we could get to lunch before it closed. Hotel rooms clean and tidy.
Food was awful. Breakfast was cold with no microwave to heat it up. Little choice and very repetitive. Ended up at McDonalds last 3 days even though this was repetitive in itself at least the food was more or less edible.
Hotel is in the absolute middle of nowhere. Couple of German bars round the corner, 1 Pizza restaurant and 1 steak house close by but can't comment on the food as we didnt eat there.
We like going for walks but there was simply nowhere to walk to and nothing to see. Its almost like they placed the hotel in the middle of a residential area so once you get here you're stuck there for a week.
Beaches were really really lovely. Lighthouse area at the front in Maspalomas is very nice with lots of shops etc. Taxi approx 4 euros down here as not the best to get to by foot.
Playa De Ingles also about 4 euros by taxi.
Bar staff at the hotel were really really rude. When I dared to ask for a Malibu and pineapple which isn't a locally produced spirit, the main bartender barked at me "YOU PAY !!!". I was well aware I had to pay for it and already had my money ready for him to take. He was just very very rude. He then went on to give me another one for nothing since I believe he realised from my reaction just how rude he was.
Weather was rubbish but thats not the hotels fault but this just added to our misery. We couldn't wait to get home and I can honestly say its put me off going all inclusive and also going back to Gran Canaria in the future. Total waste of money for us I'm afraid.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Carol S
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dunas Mirador Maspalomas, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Carol S,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation and sharing your comment on Tripadvisor. Your comment is very valuable for us as it helps us to develop our service. It is very important for us to hear that you were satisfied with our rooms and you enjoyed the beaches here.

We are sorry to hear that you confronted rude behaviour from our bar staff. We are currently working on this issue together with our bar personnel and trying to find out what went wrong.

We hope that we will be able to see you again at our hotel in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dunas Mirador Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

oswestry
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here 10th till17TH March. First time full inclusive, usually stay in 5 star hotels. So a little apprihensive as to what it would be like.But reception staff outstandingly helpfull and went out of their way. Hotel rooms kept very clean and tidy, cleaned 5 times a week. Food was far better than expected with plenty of variety, plus with breakfast, dinner, cake and evening meal, your never likely to go hungry. Atmosphere at pool bar brilliant had a fantastic time and did not feel the need to go elsewhere. Yes everyone did get up to reserve the sunbeds but only after 9 am when the pool area opened, so not a massive problem. No one that I spoke to while there had a bad word to say about the hotel and really can't believe how they managed the standards on the prices charged. Would deffinately return.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, it will keep you away from the main road at rear of hotel..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank fussyruth
Dear fussyruth,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing your hotel and giving such a nice review about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Gran Canaria and were happy with our services at our hotel.

It is very important for us to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us. We are glad to hear that you would like to return, we will be happy to welcome you again to our hotel!

Oswestry
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stopped 10th-17th March 2012

Well I've never written a hotel report before but my friends and I read reports on this hotel before we booked, so here goes for mine.

I've never been fully inclusive before and I loved the food, as well as the buffet, and salad bar . two chefs were on hand breakfast time, to which you only had to ask how you wanted your egg and they did as you wanted it, as mine is always sunny side up, they were also on for main meals cooking different meats. All staff were friendly and wished you good morning etc.

Pool bar was excellent and by the second day they had the drinks on the bar ready for you lol, pool area was always clean and yes I don't like plastic cups either but rather that than having my feet cut on those who drop glasses.Enjoyed the buffet by the pool at dinner time for a change to which there was also a chef always there cooking, oh and loved coffee and cake every day at 4pm and yes my friends and I all gained far to much weight by the end of the week.

Rooms were cleaned every other day, reception staff were always helpful , told us where to get buses and taxis from, where to visit, it was only 4 euro to the lovely Port de Mogan but on the trip was 25 euro also loved Meloneras worth a visit.

Had a lovely holiday with friends also met alot of new ones, thought there might have been a write up on 3 ladies who would'nt stop laughing the whole holiday.Whoops nearly forgot did aqua arobics in the afternoon and loved it we are now going at home.

Thanks to all staff !!
From
Annie, Ruth , Lyn

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annie S
Dear Annie S,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation and giving such a positive review about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We were very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our service. It is very important for us to hear that our guests have been enjoying their time here with us.

We hope to see you again soon.