“Not bad”

Bungalows El Palmeral
Ranked #143 of 217 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Stayed here a couple of years ago so not sure if it's changed at all. The place wasn't bad - nothing spectacular but a good base for a good value holiday. I don't have great memories of this holiday as I got ill at the end of the holiday and we had to stay an extra 2 days because I couldn't fly home. This however wasn't the hotel's fault - I believe I contracted food poisoning eating out at a restaurant either the morning or night before! The staff were great at helping to sort out another room for us to stay in (we had already checked out when I became ill and were due to have a late flight) and were very kind and helpful to my better half who was trying to sort everything out with the travel insurance company. We went self catering and there were plenty of places to eat out at and bars nearby.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beach_Lover_2508

Reviewed 24 January 2010

We were not sure what to expect of this place after reading the reviews here. But the price was fair (low) and we decided to book in this place for our christmas holiday 23/12-09 - 02/01-10. 10 nights.

We were satisfied with EP Bungalows.

The rooms are basic with bathroom, bedroom and livingroom. Livingroom has small kitchen with 2 stoves, sink and fridge.

There is a small and dull "mall" close by (very few shops - most are vacant) where you can shop in the supermarket. We did that and made breakfast and lunch in the room every night. It was nice and cheap.

For dining you can either visit one of the restaurants in the "mall" or walk to Playa del Ingles, which takes about half hour.

The pool is nice and the perimeter is kept clean. The free wifi in the lobby works well. There are laundry machines also.

The rooms do look worn with an edge missing here and there, a scratch in the sink, a crack in the bath etc. Nothing bad - just don't expect too much and you will be fine.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lookingfordru
Reviewed 15 January 2010

From some of the reviews I had read about these apartments I was a little worried , but no need, they are basic but clean and never saw one cockroach, they need updating but I think most apartments do in the area, the pool bar serves basic food but you are just a couple of mins from Faro 2 which as plenty of bars and restaurants and a supermarket. You can walk to the beach beside the canel its a nice flat stroll or hire a bike which lots of people seem to do, all in all I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tjh123
Reviewed 21 November 2009

Went there last month and it was absolutely fithy, cockroaches everywhere. The paint was tearing off the walls and the bath was rusty. Also the cleaners only came once in the whole week we were there. Never go to El Pameral.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Alysia1
Reviewed 18 October 2009

We have just come back from staying at El Palmeral Bungalows and I would like to say what a great time we all had.
The El Palmeral bungalows are very basic, although always very clean - bins and towels emptied every other day. The pool and surrounding areas were always kept very clean and tidy and we never had any problems getting a sunbed whether we went down early in the morning or lunchtime.
I took my 18 month old son with me and he had a great time in the pool, they have a kids pool which is only 1ft deep but the main pool is also surrounded by a 1ft wide 2" deep of water and my son loved playing in there until he got more confident and went into the kids pool.
There was no entertainment in the complex but the staff were very pleasant and the barman Karim was very helpful and also cooked basic foods for you.
They also have shared computer if you want to check your emails or surf the internet which they charged 1euro per 15 minutes, which I thought was reasonable.
Only people with keys could get into the complex when the main gates were shut in the evening which was reassuring.
The El Palmeral is ideally situated, with a 3 minute walk to the Faro 2 which has several restaurants and bars which we tried out quite a few and had some lovely meals.
The taxis are cheap 3 euros approx to the beach or into Playa De Ingles.
Local supermarkets nearby which was handy.
Overall a good holiday and would certainly go back again. (tomorrow if I could)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family