I could write two very separate reviews for this resort. We stayed there in the end of January for 10 days. We arrived in the evening and the hotel didn't have/could't find our reservation so we were stuck in not very nice (lightly said) bungalow. It was really disappointing after seeing all the nice photos online. It felt crammed, musty and dirty with marks on the sofa, walls and bathroom.We were quite tired and hungry so decided it will do for the night. It was coming up up to 9pm so after unpacking some stuff we wanted to go and get some food. The bungalow's doors wouldn't work so we had to pack all our stuff again and take to the car with us to the shop while the door was being fixed... So the first night wasn't impressing at all. The next day we had a walk around the grounds and were even more disappointed. All the sun was at the poolside views bungalows and our side was overlooking the road, even that there was a big tree blocking the sunlight. It felt really wrong to be paying the same amount as everybody else and be stuck in a dark side looking at the road when you came looking for the sun...We complained and were told that there is a waiting list for the poolside bungalows... ?! so is not better to differ the price and let people know in advance what are they paying for? Fortunately, we were moved after couple days and the better part of our holiday started. The poolside bungalow felt bright and had the sun all day long, it was modernised too, didn't have any marks anywhere.
More about the hotel itself:
- The staff were lovely and friendly.
- There is a little shop stocking all the essentials.
- Big area for the bar/restaurant though could't comment on food 'cos we either ate out or our own stuff. Some nightly entertainment but everything calms down quite early.
- We had a car so location was good for us anyways, parking free but sometimes quite busy. For those not driving, there is a shuttle bus from hotel to the Maspalomas beach and back going few times a day.
- The pools were amazing definitely the biggest ones I've ever seen.
- There is a shopping center not far away, about 10 min though looking quite neglected. Has few nice restaurants and bars. Another few min and you at the amusement park, fun for 1 night but that's it. So if you not driving or came here for golf there is not much to do apart lounging around the pool or getting taxis everywhere.
- There is a safe in the room, you have to pay a deposit but it is refunded at the end of your stay.
- Beware TV fanatics - it is paid! Don't know how much, we didn't use it. Wifi is free but only in the bar and surrounding areas.
- 2 very annoying things though: electricity and 2 single beds. In order to have the light you have to use the fob on the key set but how you supposed to see in the dark where to put it (we used a pen)? And the beds are on wheels so they not really stay together well. Have to improvise with a luggage and water bottles :) but then have to move everything to open the wardrobe.
Overall I would recommend this place: it's quite good location, nice staff, gorgeous pools but strongly advise to request (if it's possible) pool-view/sunny side bungalow. Some bungalows overlook the golf course and has the sun all day long too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the golf course of Maspalomas, 2km from the spectacular Dunes of Maspalomas and only some minutes to the Shopping Centre Faro 2. Free shuttle bus offered to the beach of Maspalomas and the centre of Playa del Ingles various times per day. Golf and Tennis facilities nearby (on charge)250 bungalows with one bedroom and 16 bungalows with two separate bedrooms completely renovated in duplex style. All consist of lounge with sofa-bed, telephone, ceiling-fans in living- and bedroom, safe (charge) and Sat-TV, kitchenette with fridge, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, bathroom and furnished terrace.Poolside snack bar and restaurant "a la carte" with terrace. Half board consists of breakfast and dinner buffet with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. Further Facilities:2 extensive pools (one heated during winter season from Nov. To March); Seperated children`s pool and children's playground; Large sun terraces with sun beds free of charge; Minimarket; Animation for children, entertainment and live music several times a week; Internet corner on suplement and WiFi free of charge in all areas of the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Green Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Green Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Green Golf Apartments
- Cordial Green Golf Maspalomas, Gran Canaria