1,278 results
All reviewsafrican barbarbecue eveningstai chigerman ownedturn down servicepool staffla bodegagran canariathe general managerfive star hoteloutdoor gymwaiter servicehalf boardfour nightsbreakfast buffet isevery eveningsea view
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Second stay: when you have high expectations, you easily get dissappointed.
It was all as perfect as we had in mind! The Hotel has a special ambiance, the staff is very helpful and friendly, it is extremely clean, the Food is good, I can recommend the Special Restaurants "Bodega" and "Esencia" and lunch in the hotelrestaurant. I cannot find anything negativ to say! I repeat what I said last time: we will be back!

Room Tip: As high up as possible and with seaview is my preference
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamPB, Director General at Seaside Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Carina,
Thank you for your magnificent feedback.
I am thrilled to hear that everything lived up to your high expectations during your second stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the special ambiance and found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. It is our biggest aim to provide our guests with a memorable experience and I’m happy that our staff has been successful at this. How nice that you also liked our gastronomic offer and enjoyed both our a la carte restaurants La Bodega and Esencia; your recommendation is very much appreciated.
We thank you for your lovely feedback and are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We did read a couple of reviews about this hotel before we went & honestly didn't see anything bad about any of them so we thought we would wait & see for ourselves. From the checkin the staff are very welcoming & cannot do enough for you. The lady Natalie who checked us in accompanied us to our Suite on the 7th floor which was very spacious & had everything you could possibly need. The staff from the Manager to the Chambermaid gave you the same service & courtesy and we need mention this to the Manager when we checked out at how proud she should be of her staff and hotel. The food was absolutely superb & such a variety for breakfast & dinner. This hotel has 5stars and rightly so as it lives up to every star it has. The evening entertainment was very good and on one particular night there was a group called Havana who were exceptional. There was always music being played or a singer while you was eating as well. Highly recommend this hotel & we will certainly be returning sometime in the future. Thank you everyone who made our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2018
4  Thank wisegirl57

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review on Tripadvisor.
It is so rewarding to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and will certainly be returning sometime in the future.
Your praise regarding our team from the Chambermaid to the Manager is very much appreciated. Our entire team always tries their utmost to provide each one of our guests with a wonderful stay and it is nice to know that this was your case.
Thank you also for highlighting the superb food with its huge variety for breakfast and dinner. Our chefs will be proud to hear that you enjoyed their culinary offer.
Once again we wish to thank you for your friendly review and are already looking forward to your return.
Best regards from sunny Gran Canaria,

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I've just returned from a 2 week trip to the wonderful Palm Beach. I checked in the day after they had re-opened and was greeted like an old friend when I arrived. Chilled glass of cava whilst checking in, what more could you ask for.
What makes this hotel one of the best I have stayed in is the staff. I think this is my 7th visit and most of the staff have remained the same over those visits and without exception they are professionalism personified but friendly too, welcoming me back and wishing me a wonderful stay.
As many reviews have stated, the food is amazing. A mix of barbecue nights and menu nights results in a nice variety and they have some lovely entertainment whilst you're eating, but it's never obtrusive. Perfect.
The hotel grounds and pools are top notch and extremely clean and the outdoor sauna and steam bath area is a very nice touch.
The location of the hotel cannot be faulted. Maspalomas is a little oasis filled with palm trees and a million miles in look and feel to nearby Playa del Ingles. Hotel rooms face either the beach or the gardens so get the sun in the morning or afternoon, you will not be disappointed whichever you touch, but paying a little more for a room on a higher floor will get you a better view.
I would not consider any other hotel on Gran Canaria; staying at the Palm Beach really does feel like coming to stay with old friends and in my opinion there can be no higher praise than that.
I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: higher rooms have better views. Beach facing rooms get the sun in the morning, pool/garden view rooms receive the sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
ManagementTeamPB, Director General at Seaside Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear guest,

I thank you very much for your marvelous feedback and your loyalty.

I am delighted to read that you felt like you were coming to stay with old friends when arriving at our Seaside Palm Beach****. To hear that we are one of the best hotels you have stayed in makes us very proud. Our Staff will be very happy to hear that they were once again the highlight of your holiday. I am thrilled to hear that you found our food to be amazing and enjoyed the nightly entertainment. Our chefs are very passionate about their work and love to spoil our guests with lavish buffets and high- quality delicacies. How lovely, that you also found the hotel grounds and pools to be top notch and extremely clean.

Once again we wish to thank you for your lovely feedback and are looking forward to your return.

Best regards from Maspalomas,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in this Miami themed hotel in a 4th floor sea view room. The decor is very 70’s but done well with 70’s style furniture and local artist artwork on walls.

The staff are the hotel’s assett who were so friendly and accommodating - if you did not like something on the evening menu, just ask for something else - example on one of the barbecue buffet nights (alternate nights with fixed menu nights) they were cooking tempura fish and I asked for tempura prawns and they quickly knocked up a dozen delicious tempura prawns for me - WOW !!

The pool area was spacious and there were plenty of sun beds due to the active lifeguards constantly monitoring & clearing unused towels ensuring whatever time you arrived at the pool you can always find a pair of quality handmade sun beds with comfortable cushion toppers and parasol.

There are 3 pool areas including the large main pool with African Bar/Cafe plus a children’s pool area and adults only pool area adjacent to the Spa/Wellness centre.

Evening entertainment was in the whole very good apart from the terrible Cuban trio who were cringeworthy. The Jersey Boys tribute quartet were brilliant and very entertaining !

The beach area and impressive Maspalomas sand dunes are just a short walk from the front of the hotel with the famous lighthouse just a 5 minute walk away.

The only downside for us was that the hotel struggled with their WiFi which caused us some difficulty as we needed internet access for email and work. We managed to get an login authority thanks to the IT engineer who offered to help which saved the day for us. The WiFI issue was fixed before the end of our stay and there is WiFI even at the poolside - BONUS !!

The only other negative point is that the RUI hotel next door is being completely remodelled so there is a constant sound of jack-hammers, angle grinders etc... Check with hotel before booking on whether the work next door has been completed if you are sensitive to building noise.

All in I would definitely recommend this hotel and if we ever come back to Gran Canaria we would seriously consider this hotel - the higher floors are better for a better view of the sea or pool area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IWantAVilla
ManagementTeamPB, Director General at Seaside Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with us.

How nice of you to state that our friendly and accommodating staff was indeed the highlight of your holiday; they will be proud to have contributed to your successful vacation. I am pleased to read that the décor of our Palm Beach met your taste and that you found the Jersey Boys tribute quartet to be brilliant.

However, I want to apologize for any inconveniences caused by the WiFi situation. Our IT engineers always do their utmost to solve any issues as fast as possible and I am glad to hear that everything was sorted before the end of your stay.

Regarding the remodelling of the RIU hotel next door, we informed all of our guests beforehand that there might be some disturbances. RIU has reassured us that the refurbishment will be completed as expected on the 21st of September and that as of the 15th of August any disturbances to our guests will be minimal. Our clients are obviously our top priority and we always do everything in our power to make their stay as pleasant as possible. Our management team and the reception of the hotel will be on hand to assist our clients with any queries that may arise during this time. We sincerely regret any inconveniences that the works have caused in your case.

Once again, thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination and we hope to have the honour to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards from Maspalomas,

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel. It is spotlessly clean in all areas, everyone is extremely attentive from the pool attendants, waiting staff and especially the management team. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy with everything, but equally at home clearing plates... real team work.
The location can’t be better, near both Meloneras shopping and also the beach.
There are five pools and the grounds are spectacular.
Saving the best till last..... the food! Amazing. This was my first visit but not my last. I will be back next year for sure.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Vix,

Thank you very much for this marvelous feedback and for pointing out our genuine high standards of services.

I am thrilled to read that you consider our Seaside Palm Beach***** to be a wonderful and spotlessly clean and are proud to learn that we have been successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience.

Furthermore, we very much appreciated your praise of our cuisine. The exquisite gastronomy is one of the major trademarks of our hotel chain and it is nice to know that we could convince you with the quality and variety of our products. We encourage you to try one of our two a la carte restaurants during your next visit, as we are sure none of them will disappoint you.

It has been a pleasure for us to pamper you and we hope that this was just the first of many visits to come!

Best regards,