“Good food”

Ranked #50 of 700 Restaurants in Maspalomas
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

So my husband and I came here as we'd landed evening time in our accommodation, wanted quick food local. Came here through trip advisor ratings and wasn't disappointed, the free taster soup was fabulous, the catalan bread with tomatoes and the side portions of alioli really good (beware of you're not a garlic fan). My husband had fajitas and he raved all throughout at how nice they were. I had Spaghetti marinera. Big portions. Couldn't eat dessert. Rum honey after was a nice touch. All in all a thoroughly nice meal. Staff were polite, attentive, enthusiastic. Don't be put off by location.

1  Thank Dawn Elisabeth A

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is a beautiful restaurant that suffers from being in CC Faro2. Faro2 is on its last legs having been superseded over the years by the developments at Melonares.
We have eaten at El Nublo many times over the years and it has to be said that everything is generally excellent.
We visited twice this year and on our first visit everything lived up to our expectations as usual. Our second visit was not so good. The food was still as good as ever, however after we had finished our Paella and the plates cleared, it was as if we had magically disappeared! We weren't offered a desert, or another drink and our attempts to gain the attention of a member of staff was ignored. I assume that someone eventually realised that there was a problem as two drinks 'appeared'. But at this point we were fed up and so paid and left.
I hope that this was an aberration and we shall give it another try.

1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We were staying close to the Faro 2 Shopping centre and decided to eat here one night. We were given a small dish of Canarian soup (gratis), which was so delicious even our 6 year old loved it! My husband and I chose the tuna steak, with Canarian potatoes and vegetables - this was utterly define we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The service and price were both excellent. Don't let the state of the shopping centre put you off!

2  Thank Melanie C
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner had decided to come here after reading excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. Don't let the run down shopping centre put you off! We have been wanting meat paella since we came but have been disappointed as most places seemed to serve only fish paella. We ordered Canarian potatoes and paella. We were surprised as before the canarian potatoes we were given canarian soup on the house, which was beautiful! The canarian potatoes were plentiful and tasty and the mojo sauce was delicious. The paella itself was absolutely enormous, we could only eat half! Lots of meat and not too saucy and tasted fantastic. We were then given a honey rum shot each on paying the bill! Fantastic service. It seems a shame that because of its location it doesn't get many customers, but we would definitely come back again.

1  Thank Chloe B
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We came to El Nublo on the first night of our week holiday. The taxi driver didn't know where it was so initially drove to Rustico just down the road. With hindsight he may have been doing us a favour. While I can't fault the service, the food wasn't the same standard. My steak was 'done' rather than 'medium rare' & the cut of the meat wasn't as good as other local restaurants. Could be better.

2  Thank Kevin D