“Very good but expensive sushi”

Restaurante "YevgenSushi"
Ranked #31 of 285 Restaurants in Leiria
Price range: USD 11 - USD 28
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

It was the first time we have been to this restaurant. The food is excellent: fresh & tasty. The staff is very nice. They allowed us to stay longer than the closing time and let us order one last dish. Also, they pay the parking ticket if we park our car in the parking lot next to the restaurant.
The price is a little bit high but it is worthy since the food is great.
The place itself is not very cozy. The walls seem kind of empty and the rooms are very small. However, the light is cool as well as the music thus the ambience is fine.
We will definetely come back!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasant staff, nice and quiet place, fresh ingredients and a superb well done sushi! Worth every cent.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Super fresh fish, tradicional sushi... Simple, great flavours, great combinations. For real lovers of the simple raw fish.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit and I did not expect much, as I had tried a few places in town and was not impressed at all. The selection is not impressive, however, it kind of matches the items found in most Japanese restaurants around the world, out of Asia, of course. The fish is indeed frozen, however, this is the norm, even in Japan. If done properly, it preserves the quality and flavor. I read a few comments regarding the decor: those who did those have never been to Japan, quite for sure, where simplicity and clean lines in food outlets and establishments are a must. Will certainly return for some, not excellent, but quite good food. The service was excellent.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Jorge P
Reviewed 20 December 2015

Because it's a very recent restaurant and because I had tried sushi made by the same sushiman, my expectations where high. However, and even though the staff is friendly, the food is just okay. The soup was very weird and to me it did not tasted very well. Sushi was also okay, I felt the sashimi too cold and for a second it crossed my mind it was because it was frozen, but I am not sure of that! Prices are really good and the lunch menu is interesting. However, it's not sushi that I would classify as VERY GOOD. Decor is very empty, and I felt I was in a very cold place with no decor or effort put into it. I will come back when I am desperate to eat sushi but not willing to spend much.

Date of visit: December 2015