All reviewsbeer gardenlovely hotelon arrivalcomplimentary watertown centrebreadfloorbathroompillows
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I'd like very much to stay here. The room even if small they are clean and very well equipped.
I love breakfast, very large selection with an excellent bio corner. Dinner is nice with a small selection but the perception is all really fresh. I recommend the garden in Summer for a good athmosphere dinner.
Service some guys could improve but generally is good. The hotel is often full booked.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I didn't stay in the hotel, but I had dinner in the restaurant. The decoration is typical bavarian. It has an internal garden were it's wonderful to have dinner. Local bier is excellent. They have a short menú but with good quality

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stayed for 4 nights in May at Hotel Bayerischer Hof and absolutely loved our stay. We were in Kempten to meet a group of people and several of us were staying at this hotel. It was not in the centre of Kempten like the other hotels, but the walk to the town centre was only ca 5-10 minutes. Instead we got this lovely view of the river Iller. The hotel is by a busy street which made it very noisy when we opened the windows, but the sound insulation was very good once the windows were closed.

When we booked the room only a business room was available as this was a long weekend. Our room was so lovely, spacious and tastefully decorated and painted in green. The rooms differ a lot as they are individually decorated, which we saw when we checked out the other rooms which our friends were staying in.

The room had complimentary chocolate on the pillows and complimentary water on arrival. The mini bar was cheap, only EUR 1,5 per item, which we didn't use though. The wardrobe was big and we had a safe in our room. Everything was up to par. The see-through door to the bathroom wasn't appreciated though ;) Our bathroom had a large bathtub, which was really appreciated after days of travelling.

The breakfast area was beautiful and the service was excellent, we felt really at home at this hotel and the reception at the desk was exceptional. The beer garden was large with lot of decoration and some artwork and it was a delight having coffee there with friends.

Above the hotel is the Cambodunum Archaeological Park, with Roman ruins, which are a must visit.

The thing about such lovely hotels is that I looked forward to returning to the hotel every day of my stay. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Kempten is not a large town, so I expected to sacrifice a few things that are typically important to me when traveling. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this small hotel.

Check-In
The staff are extremely enthusiastic in a very genuine way. Unfortunately, I do not speak German, but this was not a problem for them. Everyone was fluent in English. Check-in and check out was fast and easy.

Room
The room is small, but standard for European standards. If you are not accustomed to traditional European rooms, you may find the bedding a bit odd initially. Two twin beds were pushed together with a duvet covered comforter folded in the middle of the bed. The beds were firm, but not uncomfortable. However, I wished that the comforter was a bit larger. The room did not have A/C (typical in Europe), so it was a bit on the warm side. There was plenty of room to hang up coats and clothes and plenty of outlets (EU) throughout the room and bathroom. The bathroom was very nice and appeared recently renovated. The only downfall was the linen service. One towel for the floor, one hand towel and one towel for the body.

Breakfast
Breakfast came with my room, so I enjoyed pretzels and coffee in the morning in the adjacent restaurant. A traditional German breakfast was served of cold meats, cheeses and breads along with various kinds of yogurts.

Lobby/Sitting areas
I love the lobby and sitting areas near the lobby. They were very cozy and I wished I could have spent more time lounging in them.

Beer Garden
It was too chilly to set up the beer garden, but this hotel is known for their beer garden.

Overall, very pleasant stay and I would return.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Great hotel with an outstanding staff and service. Rooms are renovated ; small bathroom though, however, enough space for two. Try the restaurant fantastic homemade bavarian dishes. They even have a little spa. Sauna is brand new and well heated. Definitely coming back! Thank you so much for an amazing time!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
lisanaegele, Manager at Hotel Bayerischer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you again soon.
Your Bayerisch Hof Team