1,066 results
All reviews leisure facilities restaurant staff plenty of parking public areas weekend break booked this hotel stayed for one night lounge area tesco tlc kent
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Booked this hotel using a Wowcher voucher. After reading some of the previous reviews wast sure I had made the right choice. I was pleasantly surprised as the hotel was good from heck in to check out. The staff were all very professional. Dinner choice far exceeded my expectations. The only criticism was that there was no information in the room to tell us when we could use the spa. We only found out when we eventually got to go into the spa. Also unfortunate the jacuzzi was not in use.

All in all my friend and I had a lovely couple of days at this hotel

Trip type: Travelled with friends
MercureTun, General Manager at Mercure Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Goksel O

Many thanks for your 5* review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive any feedback and is very important to me. I will be sure to share your comments with all my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are pleased overall you had a great few days with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we all very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great value, lovely three course meal, buffet breakfast, nice room, nice pool and beautiful location, close to very nice historical town, local wetherspoons in opera house this is definitely worth a visit, lots of nice shops and restaurants in town

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle D

Dear Michelle D

Thank you for the great 5* review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and is very important to me. I will be sure to share your comments with all my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Short Friday to Sunday break with a group of 20. A few mess ups with rooms but Charlotte on reception very helpful and quickly sorted. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Considering there was a party in the Function Room on both evenings, the staff did very well in the restaurant bringing meals out quickly . It was noisy but the bands finished before 12 so sleep not really interrupted.
Light lunch was more than adequate, fresh chips in basket were delightful. Evening meals, well prepared and cooked.. I would chose to stay here again for a short break.
Only disadvantage - quite a way from centre of Tunbridge Wells, However, there is a bus stop right outside the Hotel on the main road,

Room tip: Rooms facing square and car park will be affected by any music from the Function Room
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pammi H

Dear Pammi H

Many thanks for taking the time out to review the hotel. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel.

I apologise for the noise from the party, I am pleased the team looked after you and the food was enjoyable.

kind regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The worst afternoon tea we have experienced, three tiny boring sandwiches, one plain nothing special scone, and did not bother with cakes. My husbands tea pot had no lid, was told they had not got a lid and there were only three couples in the room. We did not complain at time as we could not wait to go, such a horrible experience when it was a present definitely would not want to go back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mops330
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with friends. My friend booked via a web site and was quoted £169 , when we arrived we were charged £199 for B&B. The hotel looks a bit tired and slightly dated in places.
Customer service was very hit and miss so much so we complained, nice duty manager Iain did his best to sort it out. Special mention to Liam and Jo on the bar who were great as was Nikki in the restaurant.
Breakfast adequate but nothing special. Have stayed in other hotel that were cheaper with better facilities.
Staff training needs improving in how to deal with customers that have a valid complaint.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank clairebear2907

Dear Clairebear2907

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel and please accept my apologies that we did not fully meet you expectation.

I will be sure to share your comments with all my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. This is certainly not typical that we receive negative feedback on my team so for that I am sorry. I am pleased you have recognised Ian, Liam, Jo and Nikki and I will be sure to reward them for the name mention.