“When you feel like seafood”
Review of Ocean Basket

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean Basket
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in North Riding
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 20 December 2016

If you would like to get really nice seafood at a reasonable price and with a kids playground this is definitely a place to go.
Everything on the menu tastes nice (it is not a fine dining though) and we love combining a few platters and side dishes and sharing as a family.
In the recent times the prices have gone up somewhat and the portions have shrunk quite substantially which has taken away from the value somewhat but that seems to be the trend in SA at the moment so if hungry, just order a few extra side dishes to be safe

There are newer reviews for Ocean Basket

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Ocean basket is a chain franchise, where you are always assured of good quality tasty seafood, with a very good variety to select from. they also have a sushi bar. For a good value for money seafood meal I would reccommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Sunny day and you wanted to eat fish with some really nice fruit juice. This is the place for you. Great food in good value.

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Absolute BAD service. The worst in JHB. Avoid if you can. Waiters are untrained and food takes for ever to prepare.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

My my my...firstly I would like to say that I love ocean basket. They usually have a consistent standard that is upheld. But my friend and I went to the north riding square ocean basket and we had a few oysters and some prawns (our staple there) and it tasted good, as it usually does, but by the time we got home we had the worst food poisoning. My friend's lasted 2 days and mine lasted 6 weeks! I had lost an incredible amount of weight and had to go to the emergency room numerous times. I suggest that the managers rotate their oysters more frequently and keep an eye on how long the produce is sitting. I do go back to that store but I don't have the oysters anymore. I rather travel to busier branches and have oysters there. I did raise this with management there but they just apologised and moved along as if it was nothing. Food poisoning is not a joke and can be fatal. Please be careful at branches with less traffic.