USD 64
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
6,207 results
All reviewsgold apartmentpremium diningsilver roomred coatsself cateringyacht clubsky bartotsfairground ridesburger kingnext yearon sitevisited butlinshalf boardlove butlinsgo kartssplash waterworld
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I've been a few times before and have booked more weekends away too. I usually go for the silver room but this time I went standard and to be honest the room was absolutely fine, no frills but so much space inside! Still got a television and coffee making facilities perfect just to sleep, And the location couldn't have been better, I was so close to Reds and the Skyline. I went Premium Dining and it was lovely food and service. The Entertainment was excellent. I watched the Skyline Gangs shows and they were superb. Cinderella Rocks is a must, such a professional Panto, also The Jersey Quartet were amazing if you like the songs of the Jersey Boys.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
ButlinsResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Butlin's Skegness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you Sharon, really pleased to read you enjoyed your break. - Andrew

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend break booked through the sun. Our accommodation was very basic on delta avenue. First impressions were disappointing, windows and door filthy. Big gap at the bottom of the door causing a draft therefore heater needed on most of the time. Interior was clean although there was a distinct smell of cigarette smoke. The shower was horrendous and fluctuated from scalding hot to freezing cold every few seconds. Luckily the weather was fantastic and we spent very little time in the room.
We ate at the coral beach restaurant and food was very good, plenty to choose from. Entertainment was fantastic, we saw cinderella rocks and salute- little mix tribute act and thoroughly enjoyed it. The thing that stands out about our stay are the staff- it doesn't matter where you go on site you will be greeted by friendly, helpful staff who can't do enough for you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review and particularly the comments about our team: they will be delighted. - Andrew

Reviewed 4 April 2018

From the outside, the place looks dingy and run down. The whole place is in dire need of a clean up and a good lick of paint. To be fair, the weather was appalling, it rained the whole time we were there from Friday - Monday ( well, due to the weather forecast of snow, we checked out Sunday ).
We had booked a 'Gold' apartment, and we were expecting something to live up to that tag. It was clean, but the kitchen appliances needed upgrading. The electric hob was one of the ancient flat plate ones.
The shower cubicle was small.......the flat sheet on our double bed was too narrow and didn't tuck in at both sides. That was changed the next morning by the housekeeper, a Polish lady who was very polite and amiable .
We'd paid £724 for our break, and for that you'd expect all entertainment to be included. But no, they charge to use the funfair.......the Splashworld Pool was way overcrowded, and they eventually stopped people going in and made to queue.
We were glad we left on Sunday, because another night would have been purgatory.
The yobs in the apartment above us ( we paid £15 to be guaranteed as ground floor unit - another rip off ) were so noisy, the kids running up and down like they'd got dustbin lids on their feet.....we didn't say anything because the father looked like he'd got an umbrella for a forehead !
All in all, it's the WORST Easter break we have ever had, and we won't be in a hurry to go back.

Room Tip: Anywhere but at Butlins !
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank JoanPrid
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I attended Butlins Skegness with my wife and child and extended family.
Despite the constant rain which absolutely wrecked the weekend we all had a good time.

Another confounding factor however which affected the weekend, which is something I have to mention was the busyness.
We did go on Easter weekend and I am whether this is probably in the top two or three busiest weekends of the entire year but I have to say Butlins was not set up for this many people. Waiting line to see the shows (queuing for 90+ mins!) or to try and play a game of bowling (booked up for 36+ hours) was virtually impossible and I think this is something that Butlins needs to take into account to help improve the service during peak weekends.

The accommodation we stayed in was one of the gold apartments and this was very homely with comfortable beds and full kitchen facilities. The spa looked absolutely amazing and all the way didn’t pay to use it (because it was £18 for 90 minutes) the pools looked great and the gym which I used on two of the days was excellent with all cardio and resistance equipment you would need for good workout.
I would seriously suggest the Bullins spend a couple of hundred pound interesting and some free weights however.

Generally the whole resort was really clean and there was always lots to do. We also paid for the gold food package which I would highly recommend. There were a choice of restaurants each serving fresh and nutritious food with lots of choice including options - such as Ella’s kitchen pouches for our 3 year old.

The staff generally were impeccable. Everybody seemed very motivated and friendly.

All in all a good weekend despite awful awful weather

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank davemaca1

Thanks for your review Dave, the feedback is really helpful to us. Will pass the suggestion about some weights. - Andrew

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was meant to be a chance for our family to have a weekend of fun. Sadly we were very disappointed at the set up the dreadful organisation or should I say lack of it! I can't believe that we could not get in the splash pool, bowling or shows over the whole weekend unless we queued up at least an hour before a show, and that the pool closed without prior warning during the daytime! Only one person in the restaurant cared enough for our party to sit together he moved tables and chairs to accommodate us, he was the star of our weekend, thank you Glynn Price. When booking we were led to believe that there were several restaurants to choose from to eat at, yes there were but if you book half board you get told which two you can eat in, same canteen food different decor. This was a family treat paid for by my 81 year old mother to get all her family together, she left feeling extremely let down. There wasn't even anywhere to have a laugh and dance!! Not my memory of a holiday camp holiday!! Unless you want to fork out for lots of hidden extras steer clear.

Room Tip: Holiday apartments ok
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family